Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 08-05-2020, 04:06 PM

Default Fishman Triple Play Users

Fishman has confirmed that their Triple Play software will no longer work with the current version of Pro Tools. This is really unfortunate, given that this is a MIDI system for guitar that actually works.
I put in a support request to Avid asking that this be addressed ASAP. I'd love to have them hear from other Triple Play users requesting the same.
Has anyone found a workaround, or know how to at least have Pro Tools accept Triple Play as a MIDI controller? It is recognized by Pro Tools as a controller, and is selected in my list, but I'm stuck there.
This is my first foray into MIDI, so perhaps I'm just being stoopid.
Thanks!
Old 07-04-2021, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Fishman Triple Play Users

I realize it's been almost a year since this was posted, but I am having the same problem. I'm able to create a MIDI track and set the I/O to the predefined "MIDIN2 (Tripleplay Connect) (Emulated) or Tripleplay Connect Emulated" Input. I can also create either an Audio track or Aux Input track and assign Tripleplay Connect as an Insert Virtual Instrument, but none of it works. You can see that the transducer is reading the strings but no signal gets to the assigned Synths and no Midi recording occurs. This year that has passed since the initial post should have been plenty of time for this issue to have been addressed by Avid. That it hasn't, seems kind of disrespectful to us guitarists using Pro Tools.