Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2009, 07:55 PM

Default Digidesign And Bombfactory Plug-In Presets...

I've been using Pro Tools LE for 8 years, but rarely use any of the stock plug-ins. However, I discovered tonight that some of the Digidesign and Bombfactory plug-ins have presets. Who knew...Certainly not me!

If you open any Digidesign or Bombfactory plug-in, on the left side there will be a box saying "Factory Setting" and beside that small boxes with "-" "+" and one that looks like a double folder. The plug-ins with presets will allow you to click on the double folder, which will bring up the presets available for that plug-in. Once you click on a preset and close the dialogue, the "-" and "+" will allow you to cycle forward or backward through the presets. (The double triangle button to the left of "Factory Setting" allows you to save settings and set your preferences for the settings among other things.)

I'm sure many if not all of the experienced users already know this, but since I just came across it, I thought I would post it for the new-to-Pro Tools who may not.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Digidesign And Bombfactory Plug-In Presets...

Yeah, a lot of times I start with a preset and then tweak it slightly to get the sound I like. I find presets to be incredibly helpful with mixing.

What I would like to see is a new forum under Post & Surround where users can upload their presets for any plug-in. I think it would take a little bit of java here and there, but given a little time, I could probably throw something together myself...

So how 'bout it, Digi? Wanna help me pay for my college by paying me to design a new forum page?

Jimmy C
Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
I've been using Pro Tools LE for 8 years, but rarely use any of the stock plug-ins. However, I discovered tonight that some of the Digidesign and Bombfactory plug-ins have presets. Who knew...Certainly not me!

If you open any Digidesign or Bombfactory plug-in, on the left side there will be a box saying "Factory Setting" and beside that small boxes with "-" "+" and one that looks like a double folder. The plug-ins with presets will allow you to click on the double folder, which will bring up the presets available for that plug-in. Once you click on a preset and close the dialogue, the "-" and "+" will allow you to cycle forward or backward through the presets. (The double triangle button to the left of "Factory Setting" allows you to save settings and set your preferences for the settings among other things.)

I'm sure many if not all of the experienced users already know this, but since I just came across it, I thought I would post it for the new-to-Pro Tools who may not.

Cheers,
It's almost as good as getting a new plug-in!

I love it when that happens.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:24 PM

I would say that most plugs have presets... You have to watch where they place them though. If you are using Waves stuff, you have to use the LOAD button on their toolbar. The Factory Settings button will not show the presets. There may be others out there doing somthing similar (such as Redline / dB112)

Reading manuals, whilst boring, are a good way to learn new things...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 AM

SansAmp was that way for me, I remember back in the day, not appreciating it as much until I tried some of the Presets.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderrocker View Post
What I would like to see is a new forum under Post & Surround where users can upload their presets for any plug-in.

The precedent has been set
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Very nice. Now we just need a new thread organized with links to each plug-in. It would work nicely as a reddit, upvote/downvote system. All the good presets get pushed to the top, bad ones get moved down.

I really just want to see this for Vacuum. There are so many things to do with the program, so we would probably get some pretty tight presets.

Is there a way for the community to request a new forum topic?

Jimmy C
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderrocker View Post
Very nice. Now we just need a new thread organized with links to each plug-in. It would work nicely as a reddit, upvote/downvote system. All the good presets get pushed to the top, bad ones get moved down.

I really just want to see this for Vacuum. There are so many things to do with the program, so we would probably get some pretty tight presets.

Is there a way for the community to request a new forum topic?

Jimmy C
That's a good idea. If you can't get it accomplished here, you should create a site and do it. It should be popular.

Steve
Eleven Rack (live rig and studio rig!!)
Win7 * 003R * PT 11
Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM

+1 for the preset thread/forum. Great Idea.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidwalnut View Post
That's a good idea. If you can't get it accomplished here, you should create a site and do it. It should be popular.

Steve
Dibs. Starting it tonight :)

If anyone wants to collaborate, email me mailto:[email protected]

I'm an html noob and know practically nothing about java/flash. Plus, I'm on vacation and I'm on a 13" macbook, so help would be appreciated.

Jim