Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Setting up a second monitor?

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone could please offer some tips on how to set up a second monitor for Pro Tools. I have a dual video card on my computer and am about to hookup a second monitor for the first time.
Questions I have: What settings do I have to adjust on my computer?
How do I get Pro Tools to display the Edit and Mix windows on separate monitors (perhaps each time I open the program too)?

Any help appreciated,
J.D
Old 04-06-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Setting up a second monitor?

hi jwd65,

right click on the desktop (on either monitor) and go to settings. You will notice 2 little boxes representing each monitor there. highlight the second one and you should see "extend my desktop onto this monitor"
check that so your desktop is 2 monitors wide.

Load up Protools, and this is the part that seems people have the most difficulty in setting up, you need to unclick the maximise button on top of the screen so that your main PT screen is extendable. Extend the main PT screen across both monitors, open up a session and move/extend the mix/edit screens however you like. PT will save the screen settings so you will only have to do this once.

and lastly, ENJOY!!!
im running 2 19" LCD for the last few weeks and lovin it!!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:56 PM

Hey J.D.

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Display - hit the 'settings' tab and all the business is there.
You'll need to select primary monitor then secondary then check 'extend my desktop...etc'

Hope thats enough, Cheers Scott
Old 04-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Well guys, I hooked up monitor #2 tonight...thanks for the help.

It is AWESOME to be able to split mix and edit onto different monitors. The reconfiguration I did with the second monitor, which actually freed up some studio desk space, also allows me to put my Digi 002 front and center for the first time!

J.D