Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Change Instrument Track via Midi Controller

Hi Folks.

I'm looking to have a live setup.

I have a keyboard midi controller, laptop, Pro Tools LE 7.4, and a couple of plug-ins, Native Instruments B4 and Native Instruments Elektrik Piano.

I created a new Pro Tools Session, and setup 2 instrument tracks. I have the B4 on one instrument track, and the Elektrik Piano on the other instrument track.

Usually to change from the B4 to the Elektrik Piano or vice versa I have to go on the laptop and select which instrument track that I want to play.

I'm looking to do two things..

First I would like to switch instrument tracks right from the keyboard midi controller.. without having to go on the laptop.. is that possible??? And how is it done???

Second, I have a split keyboard function on my midi controller, I would love to be able to play the Elektrik Piano on the lower half of the keyboard midi controller, and the B4 on the upper half of the keyboard midi controller. Is this possible??? And how is this done??? I do know how to split the keyboard on my midi controller.

Thanks very much for your help.