Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Default elastic audio event markers missing

I'm just trying elastic audio for the first time. I've watched several tutorials. After a track is analyzed, I get no event markers at all in warp view. I have the same problem on all tracks in this session. When I open the sample demo session which came with pro tools, elastic audio works perfectly, with event and warp markers present in warp view. I've been banging my head against this wall for 4 days - any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM

Default Re: elastic audio event markers missing

More info - I tried reinstalling Pro Tools, creating a new blank session, recorded one guitar track - selected polyphonic, elastic audio analyzed track, but still no event markers or warp markers in warp view.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwallace View Post
I'm just trying elastic audio for the first time. I've watched several tutorials. After a track is analyzed, I get no event markers at all in warp view. I have the same problem on all tracks in this session. When I open the sample demo session which came with pro tools, elastic audio works perfectly, with event and warp markers present in warp view. I've been banging my head against this wall for 4 days - any help would be appreciated.
If you haven't created any warp markers, or quantized anything, there aren't any warp markers. Go to Analysis view to check how the audio has been analyzed by that particular algorithm.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM

Default elastic audio event markers missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
If you haven't created any warp markers, or quantized anything, there aren't any warp markers. Go to Analysis view to check how the audio has been analyzed by that particular algorithm.
Yeah, what Part-Time Lover said. You have to promote the analyses markers to warp markers before you'll see them in warp view.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM

Please give me a little more info - sorry, but I'm quite inexperienced. How do I promote analysis markers to warp markers? In every tutorial I've seen, the track is analyzed and the warp markers are there automatically. I'm unfamiliar with quantizing, I'm sorry to say. I'm going to work and will get back to this problem tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Yeah, what Part-Time Lover said. You have to promote the analyses markers to warp markers before you'll see them in warp view.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk
I can't live on music alone

Quote:
Please give me a little more info - sorry, but I'm quite inexperienced. How do I promote analysis markers to warp markers? In every tutorial I've seen, the track is analyzed and the warp markers are there automatically. I'm unfamiliar with quantizing, I'm sorry to say. I'm going to work and will get back to this problem tomorrow. Thanks.
There is a difference between event markers and warp markers. Event markers should be visible in both analysis and warp view as vertical lines, and they are placed where transients are detected, but nothing has been warped yet. Only thing I can think of if you can't see any event markers, is that you're zoomed too far out. They disappear if you zoom out a bit, but will show up when you zoom back in.

Warp markers have a blue triangle at the bottom, and they will appear if you either quantize the event markers to the grid, create them manually (of course) or perform a telescoping warp by dragging any of the event markers in warp view. A telescoping warp will put a warp marker at the start of the clip to "pin it down".
Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the info - there are no event markers at all in warp view. It's something about my session. I can open the demo session that's included w/Pro Tools and elastic audio analyzes a track and automatically puts event markers at the transients. Also, if I create a blank session and record one guitar track, then select polyphonic, the track gets analyzed and I have event markers in analysis view but none in warp view. I'm mystified.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info - there are no event markers at all in warp view. It's something about my session. I can open the demo session that's included w/Pro Tools and elastic audio analyzes a track and automatically puts event markers at the transients. Also, if I create a blank session and record one guitar track, then select polyphonic, the track gets analyzed and I have event markers in analysis view but none in warp view. I'm mystified.
That's strange. Which version of Pro Tools do you have exactly?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 AM

Pro Tools 10.3.3. I was thinking that I might have inadvertently changed something when I was stumbling around in the program during my first few days of using it (I've been using it for a couple of months now), so I tried trashing all my preferences - no luck. Then I uninstalled Pro Tools, reinstalled it, created a new blank session, recorded a little bit of guitar - same deal - elastic audio analyzed the track, event markers were present in analysis mode but not in warp mode. Very strange indeed. I emailed Avid about this several days ago, but I haven't heard back from them. My free 60 days of email tech support is over any day now.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Ok, I gotta ask - are you sure you're not confusing Waveform view and Warp view? From top to bottom in the Track view selector on audio tracks you have:
  • Blocks
  • Playlists
  • Analysis
  • Warp
  • Waveform

No offense intended...