Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Default Assertion Error!! Please Help!!!

When I try to open one of my sessions, it says "Could not complete Open Session... command because Assertion in '...\..FF\Audio\Elastic\FF_Pocket.ccp', line 287 while translating Audio Region List." I cannot open it! What do i do?!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Assertion Error!! Please Help!!!

Well U can search for it to see what usually causes that error...

Otherwise we can't help u; u given no info...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-24-2010, 07:50 PM

What do u mean? where do I search for it? and how have i given no info? I just told u what it tells me.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingTruth View Post
What do u mean? where do I search for it? and how have i given no info? I just told u what it tells me.
Okayyy, so thatz what u search for...

Also, u may wanna read all of this which is supposed to be read when u sign up...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Ok. I apologize. I Didn't read that. I just did though. I already did a search for it. nothing came up about my specific problem. And as far as details, I honestly dont know what to tell you. I try to open a session, and that error comes up. THe session won't open. And I really need to get it open. I tried the back up files, but they are way too old. they don't even have the vox on it. I just need to open the session, but this error is preventing me from doing so. I even tried creating a new session an imprting the session audio, but the same error comes up. So now what?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingTruth View Post
Ok. I apologize. I Didn't read that. I just did though. I already did a search for it. nothing came up about my specific problem. And as far as details, I honestly dont know what to tell you. I try to open a session, and that error comes up. THe session won't open. And I really need to get it open. I tried the back up files, but they are way too old. they don't even have the vox on it. I just need to open the session, but this error is preventing me from doing so. I even tried creating a new session an imprting the session audio, but the same error comes up. So now what?
Dude...

When writing your post subject heading, make sure it's an accurate description of the problem you're having. It's better to write something like 'DAE Error 9073 when playing back on 002R' than 'HEEEELLLLPP!'. It will make identifying the urgency of your problem more apparent, as well as aid others when doing a search for previously reported issues.

At the very least, we need the following information:
Computer model and processor speed
OS version
Digidesign or M-Audio hardware model
Pro Tools version
Amount of RAM installed
Any attached peripherals (hard drives, video devices, other firewire or USB devices that may be attached, etc)
Number and type (firewire, SATA, SCSI, etc) of drives installed and which one(s) you're using for recording and playback.
A concise list of the troubleshooting you've already tried - please be as specific as possible! The first thing we'll ask is 'Have you done everything in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread?', so we'll want to know that you've done ALL of it and, if you've not done everything, we need to know what you have or have not done, as this can have a huge impact on further troubleshooting.

Windows users need to provide a Sandra report, as indicated in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread (information on how to download Sandra and generate the report is included in those threads).

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for Tech Support and other users to assist you - take the time now to document everything you can and you'll save time in the long run.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 PM

K i hope this information is correct.

Dell Pricision 450
Windows XP
I believe i have 3GB of Ram
Pro tools M-Audio version 7.4
Profire 2626

Thats about all the information I have. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Honestly Chase, all u've done was shown us that u hav not read what I said in my earlier post...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 PM

i did read it! Gah! hahaha what do u need to know?! I told you my error. What im trying to do when i get the error. I told u my computer info. I tried searching for the error and found nothing for my issue. What else do u need to know to help me out? Im desperate here man! haha
Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
When writing your post subject heading, make sure it's an accurate description of the problem you're having. It's better to write something like 'DAE Error 9073 when playing back on 002R' than 'HEEEELLLLPP!'. It will make identifying the urgency of your problem more apparent, as well as aid others when doing a search for previously reported issues.

At the very least, we need the following information:
  • Computer model and processor speed
  • OS version
  • Digidesign or M-Audio hardware model
  • Pro Tools version
  • Amount of RAM installed
  • Any attached peripherals (hard drives, video devices, other firewire or USB devices that may be attached, etc)
  • Number and type (firewire, SATA, SCSI, etc) of drives installed and which one(s) you're using for recording and playback.
  • A concise list of the troubleshooting you've already tried - please be as specific as possible! The first thing we'll ask is 'Have you done everything in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread?', so we'll want to know that you've done ALL of it and, if you've not done everything, we need to know what you have or have not done, as this can have a huge impact on further troubleshooting.

Windows users need to provide a Sandra report
, as indicated in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread (information on how to download Sandra and generate the report is included in those threads).

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for Tech Support and other users to assist you - take the time now to document everything you can and you'll save time in the long run.

If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY