Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Default PT not remembering plug-ins are authorized

Wow, it's pretty rare that I actually have to start a thread around here, but this one has got me stumped. One of my client's computers (a dual G5) has started exhibiting this strage behavior, and so far no amount of trashing prefs or other general troubleshooting stuff has taken care of it. I've reinstalled the ilok client software, ran the pace prebind script (which failed) and trashed all digi/DAE/ilok prefs on the system.

On launching PT, we are suddenly asked to authorize all the plug-ins in the system every time we launch the software. It's as simple as clicking on the 'authorize' button on each popup, as it then finds the licenses on the installed iLok and goes on to the next plug after we press 'ok', but for some reason when we quit PT and re-launch it, we have to go through the whole process again. This is a pain because there are 20+ licenses on this iLok, and each and every one has to be clicked through twice ('authorize' and 'ok') before PT will load all the way. Basically it's not 'remembering' that all those plugs are authorized anymore. This just started happening out of the blue a few days ago. The client has assured me she hasn't downloaded any new software to this computer and nothing out of the ordinary happened before this issue popped up, so I'm actually at a loss (for once ), anyone have any thoughts?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: PT not remembering plug-ins are authorized

maybe your ilok is the problem. It could be malfunctioning.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM

I thought about that too, but it synchronizes just fine with ilok.com every time I've tested it. I've changed USB ports etc. with it as well. I guess I can try transferring all the licenses to a spare ilok and see if that makes any difference.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM

try the iLok on another system?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 PM

The iLok is fine, have now tested it thoroghly. I exepected as much, as I noted before the authorizations are all there and PT finds them when clicking through the authorization dialogs, it just doesn't remember the next time that I launch that all those authorizations exist.

Any other thoughts? I'm gonna do a full drive wipe OS install in a few days anyway which I imagine (hope) will bring things back, just thought I'd see if I could solve it before then, as I hate leaving mysteries unsolved.

On a quasi-unrelated note... when did Digi switch to having to pay for phone support? They never had an 800 number so you always had to pay the long distance charges, but I was not aware that they now want to actually charge the customer for spending time on the phone with them if you're beyond the first few months of your hardware - it didn't used to be like that.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 PM

I had a G5 do that because of some issues with Disk Permnissions.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM

I've had similar experiences, Kevin, although, not as severe. After trashing the DAE Preferences, plug-ins associated with DV Toolkit 2 have been prompt for authorization upon rebooting/launching.

7.3.1 cs4 Windows.

filosofem
Old 09-27-2007, 12:11 PM

Interesting. I do also have the DV Toolkit 2, and those are among the plug-ins always asking for an auth, but for me it's everything on the iLok (about 20 licenses) , AND I also just realized the D-Fi bundle for which only authorizes via a disk code from the Ignition Pack card is also part of the list giving me trouble. I have no problems however with my 3rd party VI's etc., those all seem to have retained their disk-based auths, just D-FI and all the iLok stuff is the issue. I have the same issue when launching Digital Performer though, so apparently it's not unique to PT, some sort of weird OS glitch or something I guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM

In my scenario they were only iLok based authorizations, I had to paly with the disk permissions of the 3 drives normally attached to the system (and i do mean play around with) to get it to eventually start recognizing and continue to recognize the authorizations.
It was almost like the system was requiring me to give access to the ilok as needed by the plugs instead of automamtically.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I have the same issue when launching Digital Performer though
Ahhh... well that throws a spanner in the works.

filosofem