Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 11-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Cursor Freeze when switching sync source

My cursor freezes in the ProTools timeline in the edit window whenever I open the M-Audio software control panel and change the sync source from internal to external or visa versa. (I do this when I want to input audio from a DAT recorder to ProTools via the s/pdif input on my Firewire Solo interface.) Once I change the sync source, the ProTools timeline cursor becomes unresponsive: it won't move if I click on another area of the region; if I try to record, the cursor doesn't begin moving along the timeline (although I can hear the audio I'm trying to record); and if I try to playback a previously recorded region, the cursor doesn't move (although I can hear the audio I've previously recorded.)

I have to quit ProTools and relaunch the session to solve the problem. Once I do everything works fine, but that means to record from DAT I must open the session, change the sync source from internal to external, quit Protools, relaunch, then record. Once I've finished the recording and have switched the sync source back to internal in order to begin editing, I have to go through the whole quit/relaunch dance again.

This did not happen on my old system running ProTools 5.1 and a Digi 001, but did happen with ProTools M-Powered 6.8r2 and also now with Protools M-Powered 7 with the FireWire Solo. Any advice?

ProTools 7, M-Audio Firewire Solo (version 1.2, driver version 1.6, build number 1174), Apple Powerbook 15" with a 1.67 Ghz processor, 512 mb of memory, OSX 10.4.2, and writing to a 160 gig LaCie external drive.

Thanks, Guy