Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 PM

Default RTW mastering tools

RTW has released a plugin set called mastering suite. This is essentially a metering suite, the same thing they offer in their hardware, but in plugin format. I wonder if anyone tried or has some experiences with it?

https://www.rtw.com/en/products/soft...ing-tools.html

It's pricey, but considering to replace our old hardware meters with it. Please tell me if you have some knowledge about it.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Default Re: RTW mastering tools

We use the hardware here and love it. It looks like they have just loudness measurement for 300eur

looks identical to the HW meters. The TC stuff was very processor intensive and killed many sessions when I demoed it a while back. I wonder if they changed the coding for these.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:46 AM

Now I know more, I've been testing this plugin for a few days now. It's great in the sense that it feels like you have a hardware meter on your screen. But, there's some down sides. The first is, it's probably the most expensive metering suite on the market. Second, it's got issues with Pro Tools. You have to create your own surround presets, because the built-in ones are not "wired" correctly. And it completely messes up the meter and cursor responsiveness in Pro Tools. If you have the plugin gui open (obviously you want), metering becomes choppy. No response from RTW yet.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Now I know more, I've been testing this plugin for a few days now. It's great in the sense that it feels like you have a hardware meter on your screen. But, there's some down sides. The first is, it's probably the most expensive metering suite on the market. Second, it's got issues with Pro Tools. You have to create your own surround presets, because the built-in ones are not "wired" correctly. And it completely messes up the meter and cursor responsiveness in Pro Tools. If you have the plugin gui open (obviously you want), metering becomes choppy. No response from RTW yet.
Sounds like the TC plug-ins - useless. Try Nugen - they're the probably the most popular and for good reason.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:42 AM

second the Nugen. they just work. Period

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 AM

Thanks guys. We have a couple of Nugen plugs, it seems we're going to get some more.