Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM

Default Crossgraded from M-Powered 8, where did my license go?

I'm fairly angry about this. I decided to crossgrade from PT 8 MP to PT10 to save the $200. I installed pro tools on my new computer and got the licensing in order for my ilok. However, now I can't access PT8 on my old computer (which has vista and is incompatible with PT10). Why did that happen? I paid to upgrade my software, not to no longer have access to my old stuff. On top of this, certain session files aren't working at all in PT10 (it crashes the system), so I can't access them at all now. Can someone please tell me this is a mistake on Avid's part? Is the only solution really returning my copy of PT10 crossgrade, downgrading the license, then having to buy a brand new copy of PT10 just to be able to access both?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Crossgraded from M-Powered 8, where did my license go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingheartless View Post
I'm fairly angry about this. I decided to crossgrade from PT 8 MP to PT10 to save the $200. I installed pro tools on my new computer and got the licensing in order for my ilok. However, now I can't access PT8 on my old computer (which has vista and is incompatible with PT10). Why did that happen? I paid to upgrade my software, not to no longer have access to my old stuff. On top of this, certain session files aren't working at all in PT10 (it crashes the system), so I can't access them at all now. Can someone please tell me this is a mistake on Avid's part? Is the only solution really returning my copy of PT10 crossgrade, downgrading the license, then having to buy a brand new copy of PT10 just to be able to access both?

Pro Tools 10 should open your existing Pro Tools Mpowered sessions. I would transfer the sessions via USB drive or network to you new machine.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Crossgraded from M-Powered 8, where did my license go?

When you upgraded from M-Powered 8 to PT10, you surrendered the old M-Powered Ilok license. That's the condition for getting the cheaper crossgrade price.

But as Sunburst mentioned, you should be able to open your old session in PT10 on the new computer.