How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-12-2015, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Please Avid We All Really Want You to Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Ah...now I understand. You know, a lot of school systems offer "remedial reading" courses...there is help for you!

I mean, you didn't notice that, in additional to the two "365" subscription products offered on the left of the page you linked to, there are two perpetual license products for Windows in the middle columns, and two for Mac on the right?

In fact, I'm running Office 2013 with a perpetual license on the machine I'm entering this comment on.

So, yes...you are spreading misinformation...again...
I think its you that needs the help.

The 1 license column is for older versions. The first 2 columns are subscription.

Do the license (perpetual) have "always up to date"? No. Only the subscription plan.

That was the point David was trying to make.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 02-12-2015, 03:39 PM

Hi Dave - Respectfully...

Pro Tools 11 was released on June 21, 2013. As of this post it's been 601 days. At that time AAX was new, 64 bit was new and and a lot of folks we're really excited about the performance increase. It took over a year but most plugins ported over to AAX (and we're so close to Slate VCC and FG-X!). The price to upgrade my PT HD License with a year of support (Standard Support Plan) was $599 - a confusing rollout which I had initially paid $999 for - over double the cost I had paid from just a year prior to upgrade to PT 10 HD.

You know what, I gladly paid the expensive price to get my OWN copy of Pro Tools. For this, I expected support of the product until the next major release. I'm sure I'm not alone feeling this way.

Pro Tools 12 - where are the new features 601 days later since PT 11? If I want to send my sessions to someone to collaborate, I have tons of online file sharing options out there already. I also have tons of marketplace options out there already to sell my music.

As a Pro Tools devotee for so many years I'm now, for the first time, having to admit that Logic and Studio One have my attention with what they're offering. Truthfully, I want to go back to bat for Pro Tools and say, "Well, to do this, you NEED Pro Tools." Make me a believer again Dave.

Thanks!

PS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUsdTnG63w Skip to 26 seconds in "Next Level Sh*t!" - I love it!!!
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 02-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
Thank you. I'm glad someone actually read the FAQ. There are way to many who don't read, or have only skimmed the FAQ or are relying on AVID's explanation rather than the facts.

The FAQ is confusing as they use updates, upgrades differently in different parts and also contradicts itself in places as well.
I know after having a conversation with Avid about HD users who upgraded to PTHD11 before the service scheme came out I suddenly saw FAQs addressing that a day later. I suggest you all follow AvidProTools on Twitter and constantly bombard them with questions. Every once in a while they respond.

AD
Old 02-12-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adogg4629 View Post
I know after having a conversation with Avid about HD users who upgraded to PTHD11 before the service scheme came out I suddenly saw FAQs addressing that a day later. I suggest you all follow AvidProTools on Twitter and constantly bombard them with questions. Every once in a while they respond.

AD
Care to elaborate more on what you were told?

Users are being told different things all over the place. There is even a chief engineer at a large facility who was told something by AVID that contradictory to what is in the FAQ.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
Avid Artist Control
Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
PT 12, isn't a version.

PT 12.0.0 is a version.

I can imagine the clusterf*** that would be any support help line.

What version are you running? Pt 12.
PT 12 dot what?
We have release 4 updates since its initial release.
I'm running v12

Yep. That's going to help trouble shooting technical problems.

LOL
You really do have a reading problem, don't you?

... I'm reasonably sure there will just be something like a "build number" to identify which particular, well, build you are running.

So, you call tech support they ask you for your build number.

You give them the build number.

Just like folks have been doing for at least 30 years...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I think its you that needs the help.

The 1 license column is for older versions. The first 2 columns are subscription.

Do the license (perpetual) have "always up to date"? No. Only the subscription plan.

That was the point David was trying to make.
Dude, I don't know what your problems are, although I have identified "unable to read" and "not too bright"...

While you have more than ably demonstrated those two problems on this and many other threads, I reserve the right to point out your issues from time to time.

Other than that, just like Bruce Payne, I no longer have any time to waste on you...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-12-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
The handwriting is on the S3 wall that Avid will be offering AVB interfaces. I was surprised to not see them announced at AES or NAMM but NAB is coming right up.
And that will be great when it happens. Wonderful flexible technology, scalable down and up.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Default Please Avid We All Really Want You to Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by longname View Post
. It's like you bought a perpetual license of Photoshop cs6 with a support plan. After 3 years Adobe release Photoshop CS7, but your support plan has lapsed. However you can purchase an upgrade to CS 7 without being forced to buy either a subscription or support plan.

And this here is the cause for the (as the other poster so deftly put it).....the consternation

It's a very strong arm tactic (least that's what it sounds like without a buy back in option sans new purchase)

.....but after all thy are only trying to garner more funds for the company, that's all they are guilty of is.....Capitalism
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 02-13-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And that will be great when it happens. Wonderful flexible technology, scalable down and up.
Multiple clients, including but not limited to Mac computers - they are AVB compliant out of the box now, right? Killer latency even now, when the protocol is in its infancy.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
You really do have a reading problem, don't you?

... I'm reasonably sure there will just be something like a "build number" to identify which particular, well, build you are running.

So, you call tech support they ask you for your build number.

You give them the build number.

Just like folks have been doing for at least 30 years...
Always asked for Version number. Even from AVID. Even firmware is asked, what version. Not build number
EFI flashed 580 GPU
Avid Artist Control