Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2022, 02:48 PM

Default Re: I have taken the M1 plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
From my experience iZotope support is pretty responsive. Last time I contacted them a month ago, they returned to me fast and helpful.
Also what makes no sense for me is that Apple in less than 6 months will me fully and only ARM'ed. This makes an accusation of EA a very limited investment. They should be closing the gap IMHO.
Hmmm. Weird. A Friend of mine called me recently asking for help with RX because he wasn't having any luck with contacting and getting response back from Izotope.

He said he had contacted them multiple times to no avail. Maybe you got lucky or they don't have an answer for his issues and just ignore it.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolex1 View Post
Hmmm. Weird. A Friend of mine called me recently asking for help with RX because he wasn't having any luck with contacting and getting response back from Izotope.

He said he had contacted them multiple times to no avail. Maybe you got lucky or they don't have an answer for his issues and just ignore it.
I don't believe my friends...so I don't have any

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 06-02-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I'm a big fan of Liquid Sonics Cinematic Rooms and Lustrous Plates Surround. Both are 7.1.2 capable. I also use Acon Verberate Immersive.

A little different approach and controls than Stratus but they sound great. I have no inside info regarding Izotope but since they didn't commit to supporting them I didn't want to take a chance. Michael Carnes created such great reverbs it'd be a shame if they didn't use what they purchased from him.
UPDATE

Izotope officially announced Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D are going to be Silicon native.

Which is good news even though I've mostly stopped using them. I do wonder if it will be a typical iZotope update and appear to PT as an all new plugin. Thereby breaking backwards compatibility which is our entire problem....
Old 06-07-2022, 12:54 AM

FYI:

I got the Symphony and Stratus installers working after I updated to Mac OS 12.3, the new 2022.4 version of PT and the newest Ilok drivers.

YMMV of course.