Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2022, 07:59 AM

Default No playback through my MBOX headphones

I have a eval license of Pro Tools 2022.4.0 for MACOS Sierra 10.12.6. I am really having issues getting the playback through my MBOX headphones and can only hear it through my MAC built in speakers. Need assistance trying to figure this out. I've gone through changing through setup and I/O and can't figure it out. I can hear through my headset when I an recording but not on playback. I really want to get started doing voice demos so any help at all would be appreciated. Also any tips on setting up Pro Tools for just voice demos would be great..!! Thanks Dan
Old 05-27-2022, 09:47 AM

Default Re: No playback through my MBOX headphones

How exactly do you have the MBox set-up?
In Pro Tools, you will want to open the Playback Engine and make sure that your audio device is the MBox and not an aggregate audio device.
Once the MBox is selected, then open the I/O settings, select the input tab and press the Default button, which will reset any I/O settings to their default state. Click on the Output tab and do the same.
Now in your session, ensure that your track's output is set to the main/stereo output. The main output is typically what the headphone output hears, so if all is set-up correctly, you should hear audio out of the headphones connected to your MBox.

System Details