Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Default Two questions

Hi
Two questions:
one for Digidesign, mostly, the other one, not so much....)):-
I'll start with the second one:
Are the extra plug-ins you get with the M-box 2 Pro Factory worth the extra money compare with the "basic" box ?
I found out (if I'm not wrong?) that the difference is between the
Pro Tools Ignition Pack 2 and Pro Tools Ignition Pack 2 Pro, meaning that the last Pack has 3 more pluggs:

● Digidesign Synchronic™
● Trillium Lane Labs TL EveryPhase®
● Trillium Lane Labs TL Utilities™

...but also the "typical" Factory plug-ins:

• Moogerfooger® Analog Delay
• JOEMEEK® SC2T Photo Optical Compressor
• JOEMEEK VC5T Meequalizer®
• Cosmonaut Voice
• Digidesign® Maxim
• iLok USB Smart Key

...and the First question for Digidesign:

I was recently purchasing a new M-box Pro "standard" (basic deal) and I am pleased!
I thought about buying the Factory version but I could not find a really god deal so I had to save some money.
But just a couple of days later, I found a second hand (quite new as well) M-box Pro Factory for sale.
I send a question to the seller asking if he would consider to sell the "Factory part" separately. I don't know yet if he'll be interested but if he will, I don't know if it will be possible to use the plug-ins myself.
While I am pretty sure that "Factory package" protected by iLok should work, I am a bit worried about the other 3 extra plugs from the Ignition Pack 2 Pro.

Thank-you everyone in advance for answering!