Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2022, 10:25 AM

Default Dark Mode, Classic Mode And The Clip List...

Not sure if this is a glitch on Windows or Mac too.

I toggled to Dark Mode last night, just to remind myself why I don't like it, then toggled back to Classic Mode. Pro Tools then looked lighter, just a little bit like Transparency wasn't 0% and when I opened the Clip List the text was very faint.

I didn't try just rebooting, but deleted my Prefs file, rebooted, then opened a previous Backup Image and copied the Prefs file there to the correct place and opened Pro Tools. All was back to the usual Classic with it looking as it should and the Clips List is now looking as it should. Needless to say, I will not be going back to Dark Mode anytime soon 🙄

Windows 10, Pro Tools 2022.10 Anyone else see this?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-05-2022, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Dark Mode, Classic Mode And The Clip List...

I've seen similar issues going between Classic and Dark mode on MacOS, but instead of clip list, for me the Audiosuite drop down menu had faint text, making it hard to see what was there. I was seeing it occur in Classic or Dark, in different experimental runs.

In my situation, some combo of toggling Classic/Dark would make both Classic or Dark work right or wrong, along with restarts. In a couple cases, messing with "transparency" and contrast in my MacOS system preferences, seemed to affect what I saw in PT.

Then, after 2022.10 (knock on claves) I never saw the faded audiosuite menus, but I have also heavily been modulating my display settings as I recently got a new secondary monitor.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //