Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-26-2011, 07:29 AM

Default Have session file but no folder to save on dvd???

I have one ptf file that seems to have no folder, keeping me from being able to save it on a dvd or other drive. No blue folder like the others on my fw drive, so I cannot put it in a burn folder, it shows up as a small kb file as name only. How can I create a folder for it, to add to a burn folder? Thank you for your help ahead of time.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Have session file but no folder to save on dvd???

I can open and play the file but can't figure how to back it up with no file folder visible? Anyone? I know you guys know this program like the back of your hands. Help......
Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 PM

Try checking your disk allocation. The session file alone contains no audio.

If you need an immediate solution, open the session, make sure it plays back as expected. Then select "save copy in" under the file menu. Name the session, and make sure "all audio files" is selected.

When you save the session like this, it will create a new copy with a new folder containing all of your audio. You could then back the session up to a DVD.

Mike
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Have session file but no folder to save on dvd???

Yo Mike thanks, if I am in Chi I will come spend some dough with you.......