Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 PM

Default Console button to change Plug In Views...

When I want to view a plug-in screen, I select the channel and click on the plug-in with the track ball (mouse).

In the middle of mixing a show I often want to jump through channels and select plug in's to make sure the plugs are doing what I think they should be doing...

I'm trying to figure out if there are console buttons I can press to accomplish the same thing without using the track ball.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Console button to change Plug In Views...

Yes, there is. In the display buttons section above the L/R/M fader, select plug in. Selecting plug in once shows the plug in racks on screen. Selecting it again toggles the view to display the selected plug in. Now, when you select a channel that has a plug in inserted, that plug in is displayed on screen. Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Avid

In addition, if there is more than one plug-in inserted on a channel you can use the Select buttons in the Insert Processing of the console (D-Show or Profile) to access each plug-in.

Sheldon
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM

Um....... I'm just not not getting it. I'm tying to navigate without a mouse entirely to view a plug in and see how it's performing.. I'm using a Profile. (or attempting to use a Profile.

I press SELECT on an input to select a channel. Not to impressive so far.

Now I cannot figure out what buttons to press so that the plug in comes up by itself (input focus) on the video screen where I can look at it without the mouse.

Viewing the input screen I can see the plug in slot is "in" with a green light on the console, and the green "select" button is activated so if I press the "insert mode" button the parameters activate on the output encoders... (But the video screen does not change so I can't see the plug-in)

Pressing the plug-in's button on view mode shows the plug in racks and toggles all of the or one row but does not put the plug in up on the screen - it just shows the rack.

Yes I looked the manual. It must be simple and that's why I'm missing it. What are the steps?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Avid

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPort View Post
Yes I looked the manual. It must be simple and that's why I'm missing it. What are the steps?
Try this...
  1. Select a channel with a plug-in inserted on it
  2. Under the VIEW MODE section of the console, press the Plug-Ins button
  3. If all four plug-in racks are shown, press the Plug-ins button again to change to zoom view mode. This should show the most recently viewed plug-in for the selected channel. If it does not, double-check that the plug-in has been selected in the Insert Processing section of the console.
One other thing to check....make sure the "push-pin" icon on the plug-ins screen is not turned on. This feature allows one particular plug-in to remain on-screen at all times (which can be useful, but is not what you want in this case).

Sheldon
Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 PM

Thank you for the quick response... The push pin of course was "in"... Guess that explains a few things...