Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-14-2014, 12:20 PM

Default Venue Software

Looking at the pages listed below there are many things listed for the new version of Venue software. However there isn't anything mentioned of any updates for Profile, and SC48.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/venue-software
http://www.avidblogs.com/live-sound-...-software-4-5/

Does this mean that Avid is no longer developing new software or implementing any new features for Profile or SC48?

Is the Venue 4.5 software going to be for S3L only or will this be an upgrade for Profile and SC48 as well?

Does the Venue 4.5 software not have delay on the inputs? I don't see it on the channel strip screen.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Venue Software

This is the reality, where is the recognition that we put the first grain of sand? Right now they do not consider now our existence? there are now only eyes for S3L.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Venue Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-ACU View Post
This is the reality, where is the recognition that we put the first grain of sand? Right now they do not consider now our existence? there are now only eyes for S3L.
I feel your feelings, but the venue line is almost ten years old. (Nine I belie) This is quite a long time. Especially when you look at other manufactures. Which have mostly a much bigger line and defined in different segments of the market.
As S3l is a very sleek console. And for some this is really what they have been waiting for a long time. But for most the surface does not serve the workflow (well that’s what I think). At this point the software becomes very important to make such a small console a great one, and maybe just a little more appealing. And I think looking at the futures of venue 4.5 it looks great! And making 4.5 not working on every console makes S3l more special!

And I think from a marketing stand point from Avid. They just have to put all eyes on S3l to make it work, and I think it’s just the start of a very interesting new line.
As for now, lots of things have changed. Now most console support Waves plugins (touch screen operation from the console or external), some support UAD plugins. And the new venue line does not support any of these two. So there’s a lot at stake to make this line successful.