How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 AM

Default FOH rack vga problem

Hi All,

Did a show on saturday with my Venue Profile. When I booted the system right before the showtime the screen was all black. I got the DShow logo splash at the initial boot but after that just pitch black. I ran the show without the screen and set up the system again today to check out the problem.

Everything audio-related seem to work normally, but no picture on the screen. Here's what I've done so far to solve this:

- measured, cleaned and reversed the FOH link cable
- checked all the cable connections inside FOH rack
- ran vga directly from the motherboard connector into two known to be working monitors with two different (working) cables

none of these seem to work. any ideas?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Default Re: FOH rack vga problem

... and one more thing:

When I unplug the vga cable from FOH rack, my monitor says "check signal cable". So the output load is there, but no vga signal..
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Avid

Hi,

It's difficult to say what this could be. Please contact the support team for further assistance.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Follow the VENUE support link for worldwide and Europe-specific contact numbers.

Sheldon
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks. I did just that but all they had to offer was the foremantioned cable testing. I guess the graphics dept. on the motherboard is bust.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 AM

Is there any news on this?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 AM

Yes. It's broke.

All the "computer" functions are on the motherboard. My guess is the video chipset has gone to the great bit bucket in the sky and a MB replacement is in order. AVID support will take care of it, I'm sure.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 PM

There is a VGA connector that breaks out of the umbilical card in the rack. It is possible that it came unplugged. It would definitely be worth checking out.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Hello All,

Here's the update:

I opened up the FOH rack and checked every connection there is to be checked. Everything seemed to be ok, but the situation stayed the same.

Finally as a last effort before pushing the rack into the deepest ocean around here I stuck an usb-thingie into the console, and somehow managed to get the latest upgrade reinstalled by just semi-randomly clicking around. That fixed the issue somehow.

I have no clue about what could've caused the problem but now it's gone. Maybe. At least for now. Who knows? I gotta say though that this issue didn't exactly grow my confidence for the robustness of the system. Maybe it's just the Windoze doing what it's best at?
Old 12-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Avid

Hi,

Sorry for this experience, it sounds very frustrating. This is the first incident of its kind that I've ever heard of, so I've asked our support team to get in touch with you directly to get more details.

Sheldon