Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-24-2001, 06:52 PM

Default Re: MasterList Useless?

I'd love to see them do something about this by rolling CD burning features directly into PT. These days, MLCD is really no match for some of the newer, more comprehensive mastering applications out there (and I doubt that Digi wants to compete with lower end applications like Jam). CD burning capability within PT, however, would be a different story.

Lee Blaske
Old 02-25-2001, 12:33 AM

Default MasterList Useless?

Why for so many years, there still no firewire support with Masterlist on g4s, it can't be true that the firewire spec is so bad that 1,2 Speed implementation could not achieve a good professional mastering, This expensive programme now stand on my shelf and looking at me while mastering with other programme.

What a waste of investment?
Digi try to do something about this.
Old 02-25-2001, 03:46 AM

Building a firewire drivers into the MasterList should not take ages, would be much clever and smarter move then to hold our breath and wait to roll the MasterList application directly into PT, this won't be soon, a firewire driver into MasterList would do for now... please that's all am asking for.
Old 02-25-2001, 04:10 AM

Forget Masterlist, like SampleCell this is a product that's been dead for years, even if it does it's job.

Masterlist's archaic structure, Mac OS 6 looks/feel and transport controls make it a real pain in the neck to work with. Ever tried to do a 20 sec. fade and then add another file or change track order? The wait for ML to complete your command will drive you and your client insane...

These days the only remaining people that use Masterlist are ProTools users, so Digi should add CD Mastering to ProTools, either as a built-in function to TDM or as an add-on for all versions...

What we need is a visual CD burning tool that is fast and easy to use even for more complex compilations. Sure, ML is fast but only if you do not want to do crossfades and multiple IDs in a file. But then again, so is Toast, Jam or some of the other progs.

Even Apple have come to the conclusion that CD burning is a part of people's needs these days, so how come that Digi seem to ignore that?

PT 5.2 - WITH POWER TO BURN!

please...
Old 02-25-2001, 08:43 AM

What other high-end and stable CD burning programs do you guys recommend. I'm still using SCSI.
Old 02-25-2001, 10:35 AM

PastaViking II wrote:

What we need is a visual CD burning tool that is fast and easy to use even for more complex compilations.

Sounds like you're talking about EMagic's WaveBurner Pro.

Rail

------------------
Recording Engineer
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-26-2001, 06:17 AM

Hey Rail,

tried Waveburner and it crashed my system in the most spectacular way! Sorry, but that's one product Emagic can keep to themselves...

Also, I was trying to make the point that burning should be a feature inside PT. That would save a lot of clients money. (But then again, we don't want that, do we? )
Old 02-26-2001, 07:07 AM

Jam burns "TRUE RED BOOK CD's" and it isn't patterened after system 6. I use it constantly, I wouldn't consider it lower end, except for the price.