Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Anyone familiar with this problem??

Hi,

I have a Mix 3 system and recently I bought another Mix farm (used from a company I trust) I installed the card and run the Digitest and everything seemed fine. After a little while I began to get some DAE errors I have never seen before and later on my OS system started to crash too.
It mostly happens when I’m trying to open a session and after Pro tools have located the plug-ins I get this error and some of my plug-ins are deactivated:

"DAE ERROR –7207 OCCURRED ON DSP #4 MIX CARD #4"

And sometimes my computer just crashes even before Pro Tools have started locating the audio files.
I have reinstalled both the OS and Pro Tools software, pulled out all the cards and checked all the internal connections and every thing looks fine.

Then I took out the new card and the problem seemed to have disappeared, but then after a few hours I got the error –7207 on one of the other cards, which have always worked perfect in the past???

I read about the –7207 error in the Digidesign answerbase and followed the suggestions there to solve the problems, but it didn’t help.

This is starting to killing me, any suggestions what to do??

Thanks a lot!!

Old 06-23-2004, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Anyone familiar with this problem??

You may want to check this out:

DAE error -7207 on DSP #1 mix card #1 or another Mix DSP chip when launching Pro Tools or configuring hardware setup.

Mix Core and Mix Farm cards shipped in April and May of 2000 may have incompatible Intel chips that can cause this error. The problematic chip is located above the PCI connector. It reads Intel and the number string in its lower right hand corner ends in AC. If you have this chip, please contact Digidesign Tech Support. Affected serial number ranges on the Mix Core and Farm cards are potentially IG10000 to IG14000, and IN10000 to IN14000. Cards outside of this serial number range would not be affected.

-lp