Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2022, 03:26 PM

Default Pro Tools Stops Working when I try to record Audio

Hey Guys,

I recently bought an annual subscription to pro tools and when I open the program, click "Create from Template" and try to start with a template it says "Pro Tools Application Has Stopped Working" then reloads only to show me a blank Grey screen.

I get this exact same message the second I click the Red Record button on the track. Its important to know that the red record button at the top of the screen beside the play button does not stop the program from working, it is only the Red Record button on the actual audio track.

Besides these 2 things Pro tools seems to work completely fine. I want to uninstall and reinstall but want to be careful cause I know pro tools creates files all over the place when you install the program.

And while this isnt the worst issue since I can just avoid using templates and use the red button at the top instead of on the track, it is quite annoying on an OCD level.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!