How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-24-2022, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools and Presonus Faderport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Shure, I have tested mini grand, and I enabled some parameters, and the rotary kontrollers on my midi keyboard work fine. The problem is on the FP, it just says 'MIDI MODE', and nothing works, faders do nothing. Could be something silly.

S1… well, I really like to have transport on the controller…
D-command… that's too much for me.
S1 plus a tablet running Avid Control will give you transport at the bottom of the control app plus soooo much EuCon functionality. Not sayin' you need all that functionality, just sayin'....
Old 05-24-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
S1 plus a tablet running Avid Control will give you transport at the bottom of the control app plus soooo much EuCon functionality. Not sayin' you need all that functionality, just sayin'....
Thanks.
I already have a ipad I don't use much that would fit nicely, and for most people it would seem perfect. But, because of neurological problems, I have difficulties with touch screens, simply pointing the finger and hitting the right spot. Knobs, buttons and faders, are better.

Also, a new S1 is double the price of the used faderport I just bought. And only eight faders.

I might just forget about plugin control. After all command8 never worked for me in that respect. Then, the only issue I would have with the faderport 16 is the four-letter abbreviation of track names, and it would follow me to my grave.

With the SSL UC1 I'm covered pretty good in the plugin controller thing.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks.
I already have a ipad I don't use much that would fit nicely, and for most people it would seem perfect. But, because of neurological problems, I have difficulties with touch screens, simply pointing the finger and hitting the right spot. Knobs, buttons and faders, are better.

Also, a new S1 is double the price of the used faderport I just bought. And only eight faders.

I might just forget about plugin control. After all command8 never worked for me in that respect. Then, the only issue I would have with the faderport 16 is the four-letter abbreviation of track names, and it would follow me to my grave.

With the SSL UC1 I'm covered pretty good in the plugin controller thing.
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I believe you can also assign the soft keys at the bottom of the S1 to be transport, if you need physical buttons. I totally understand about the difficulties with touch screens as well as the price difference, so I am really not trying to convince anyone of anything, rather mentioning additional possibilities that may not be obvious or have been taken into account. I can say that plugin control on the S1 is really good, especially with custom plugin mapping. And flipping plugins, as well as sends, pan controls, etc., down to faders is really awesome!
Old 05-25-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I believe you can also assign the soft keys at the bottom of the S1 to be transport, if you need physical buttons. I totally understand about the difficulties with touch screens as well as the price difference, so I am really not trying to convince anyone of anything, rather mentioning additional possibilities that may not be obvious or have been taken into account. I can say that plugin control on the S1 is really good, especially with custom plugin mapping. And flipping plugins, as well as sends, pan controls, etc., down to faders is really awesome!
Not at all. I'm very grateful for your input.
Command|8 also has the fader flip.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I'm very grateful for your input.
Command|8 also has the fader flip.
Command 8 is great and has really good integration with PT. If you're not going to use all the extended EuCon feature set, then keeping the Command 8 for as long as it still works and saving the money makes a lot of sense.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Command 8 is great and has really good integration with PT. If you're not going to use all the extended EuCon feature set, then keeping the Command 8 for as long as it still works and saving the money makes a lot of sense.
I'm back on the Command8. The limitations of HUI just made the Faderport a 16 channel volume controller and not much more. Well, it was worth a try.
I'll give details if anyone's interested, but in my opinion HUI is stoneage.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:25 AM

I'm getting a used Artist Mix instead. Roughly the same price as the FP 16.

I thought that it didn't have transport functions, but it does. You just use shift modifyer and some buttons act as transport.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I'm getting a used Artist Mix instead. Roughly the same price as the FP 16.

I thought that it didn't have transport functions, but it does. You just use shift modifyer and some buttons act as transport.
If you are able to QC the used unit before buying, make sure the faders are ok. I've had a lot of faders on older Artist Mixes get really scratchy/sticky and write stuttery automation.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
If you are able to QC the used unit before buying, make sure the faders are ok. I've had a lot of faders on older Artist Mixes get really scratchy/sticky and write stuttery automation.
Thanks for the advice.
I won't be able to test it, but I'll shurely inquire about it with the seller, and hope he's honest.