Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

ok just checking. few hours ago i uninstalled my kore 2 driver and reinstalled with the latest from ni site. i haven't gotten a 6031 error in over 2 hours of use. this is a worlds record for me. i will keep everyone posted if something new comes up.

by no means am i saying this is a fix. we all know how pt can make a fool out of us
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Which one are you referring to?

This IS probably a bit confusing, as Meat, x9blade and odeu97 are posting in multiple threads with the same problem (6031's after updating to 8.0.1).
The random noise spikes of audio appeared in an LE session to drum tracks that were recorded a week prior. They appeared "randomly" in audio playback tracks.

Quote:
Can you email me with info about whom you've left messages with? I'm utterly swamped, but I can ping them to find out what's up...
Done.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
They need a small advisory council to steer PC hardware choices and then build and test and approve stuff in house every 18 months or major architecture change. I've offered to send a modern system several times now.
Well I guess we'll do it whether they like it or not. They have to open their mail.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Do these systems exhibit the 6031 errors? If not, it won't help much - we need to see one that does so we can determine what is causing the interrupts.
That I don't know, which probably makes the main intention of my post best for a thread on it's own.

Shane

Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Pro Tools is not Cubase - there is a HUGE difference between how Pro Tools works vs Cubase.
Maybe in that case you should use another word instead of how Pro Tools works?

Quote:
Now, in your case, given that you were working with 8.0.1 and it was fine one day and throwing errors the next, I would look for things like viruses, malware and trojans that may have infected it, as they can definitely cause interrupts because they're typically running in the background and hidden to the user. If you've definitely not changed any other configuration of the computer - settings, drivers, devices, installing new software or hardware, etc - between when it was working and when it starting throwing errors, the malware explanation is the most likely.
No, Kaspersky is always ON.

One thing - I used MIDI on that day - ie I tried to use it. I mean I switched on MOTU Fastlane, which was disconnected. Drivers for fastlane are pretty old - maybe that?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt
Now, in your case, given that you were working with 8.0.1 and it was fine one day and throwing errors the next, I would look for things like viruses, malware and trojans that may have infected it, as they can definitely cause interrupts because they're typically running in the background and hidden to the user. If you've definitely not changed any other configuration of the computer - settings, drivers, devices, installing new software or hardware, etc - between when it was working and when it starting throwing errors, the malware explanation is the most likely

still grasping at straws ..how come its always us that have the bad computer viruses trogens etc. is it never digidesigns fault that they started tinkering with something that worked for the most part and now it has problems . still don't understand how playing back a track can affect a wave file that already recorded in your system . maybe throw up the red flag if i was recording but not when i'm playing back tracks.. I guess we need to be doing post production to get any attention. seems like all this was done for that side of the business as they had the clicks and etc.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt
Now, in your case, given that you were working with 8.0.1 and it was fine one day and throwing errors the next, I would look for things like viruses, malware and trojans that may have infected it, as they can definitely cause interrupts because they're typically running in the background and hidden to the user. If you've definitely not changed any other configuration of the computer - settings, drivers, devices, installing new software or hardware, etc - between when it was working and when it starting throwing errors, the malware explanation is the most likely

still grasping at straws ..how come its always us that have the bad computer viruses trogens etc. is it never digidesigns fault that they started tinkering with something that worked for the most part and now it has problems . still don't understand how playing back a track can affect a wave file that already recorded in your system . maybe throw up the red flag if i was recording but not when i'm playing back tracks.. I guess we need to be doing post production to get any attention. seems like all this was done for that side of the business as they had the clicks and etc.
Given that you have posted nothing in the way of system configuration info or provided any kind of feedback about your system so that we can attempt to troubleshoot, I think it's in your best interests to refrain from these kinds of posts. We are far from grasping at straws. The post that you're referring to was posted by a customer that was working properly, without 6031's, then they suddenly appeared - NOT directly after they had updated. That would indicate that they were working successfully with 8.0.1 and something about their system changed to bring up the problem. If they indeed did not install any new software, drivers, etc. then something likely occurred without them knowing - which is why trojans, viruses and other malware come to mind.

Every system - and I mean every one that we've seen these 6031's on has had some system configuration issue. It would be a shame if you kept pointing fingers blindly at us for fixing a potential problem that just happens to expose misconfigurations, before we've done proper due diligence on your system.

We are fully ready to admit when we're at fault - but let's determine that it's actually the case here, first. In the past week I've had no less than 3 systems with this issue fixed - all due to things like incompatible plug-ins being installed or errant/outdated drivers being the culprit.

So, please, if you really want to work this out on your system, please post the pertinent information as instructed in the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting thread, starting with a Sandra report and a version list for installed plug-ins.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Avid

Quote:
One thing - I used MIDI on that day - ie I tried to use it. I mean I switched on MOTU Fastlane, which was disconnected. Drivers for fastlane are pretty old - maybe that?
That absolutely could be a factor. Have you tried it without it connected? What about updating to newer drivers?

Given that you were working fine one day and getting the errors the next, anything that changed on the system, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is a possible factor.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
That I don't know, which probably makes the main intention of my post best for a thread on it's own.

Shane
Sounds like it. If they do experience 6031's in 8.0.1, but not previous versions, we'd definitely like to see them. Like I've said in this thread previously - ever case has been a configuration, driver or slot order issue. Knowing which drivers may be causing this would be good info - we know that old NVidia drivers will cause it.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
That absolutely could be a factor. Have you tried it without it connected? What about updating to newer drivers?

Given that you were working fine one day and getting the errors the next, anything that changed on the system, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is a possible factor.
This is the only thing that comes to mind, because nothing else changed. I had FastLane installed before, but not plugged for a long time. I understand, that when it is unplugged, Pro Tools cannot use it after plugin in, I had to restart and then all that begins. Now I'm back to 8.0cs3 and I will give 8.0.1 with and without Fastlane a try when I will have more time, because to be honest I'm missing thick volume curve lines
But there is a problem - there is no updated drivers from MOTU, so it looks like PT 8.0.1 is simply incompatible with Fastlane? I hope you realize that this is not only hardware with outdated drivers... Outdated? They work...
And still big problem - PT cannot work that way, no matter what and how you try to explain this behaviour. NO OTHER DAW is such fragile. Of course, Pro Tools can be so fragile, but please do not wonder then... I'm with your company since Session8 v1.13, but I'm very close to throw everything away...
Thanks for being here anyway.