Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM

Default MIDI Input Problem - Selected Track vs Record Enabled

Can I control the function in PTLE 7.4 that enables midi input when the instrument track is selected? Sometimes I'm only able to get midi input when the track is record enabled.
http://www.salmonsound.com
Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 PM

Default Re: MIDI Input Problem - Selected Track vs Record Enabled

Hmmm.. Your description of the problem is pretty short, but I'll describe what happens on my rig..

I have a couple inst tracks, inputs set to "all", a VI inserted on each.

If I select 1, then my controller triggers it. If I then select 2, the controller then triggers 2. If I then shift select 1, the controller only triggers 1.. No matter what order I shift select the tracks in, only 1 triggers..

If I then Rec enable 1, track 1 is triggered. If I then Rec enable 2, 1 is no longer rec enabled and the controller triggers2. If I shift Rec enable 1 and 2, the controller triggers BOTH 1 and 2.. When I disable record on both, then it is back to the way it worked with just selecting..

The only 2 options that I have seen that might affect this are "MIDI Thru", which I have selected, and an option in preferences>MIDI>Default thru instrument.. I have this set at "First selected midi track" This was the system default setting, I believe..

Are you saying your rig is not working this way?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 AM

Default Re: MIDI Input Problem - Selected Track vs Record Enabled

Yes, it's not working that way. It seems like I have a bug or something.

It works like yours most of the time, but sometimes when I select an inst track with a VI it does not trigger. I must rec enable the track for it to trigger. Other times it will trigger if selected only. I don't know how to fix this. If I create a new session and use a session where this problem did NOT exist as the template, the problem will not be there in the new session. If I create a new session from scratch, the problem may or may not be there.

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to look into the things you said.
http://www.salmonsound.com