Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Music Production ToolKit 1.0 Questions

Hello to All,

Well it's Saturday afternoon and I'm getting ready to install The ToolKit and I'm running into a couple of problems and of course the people at Digi are off today so I thought someone out here might be able to help me.

First off: I opened the ToolKit box and read the enclosed paperwork and it says for installation instructions please refer to the Getting Started with Music Production ToolKit Guide. Well what a surprise!, there isn't any guide!. The CD labeled Pro Tools Updater only has 3 Installers, (Install DV Toolkit 2, Install Music Toolkit and Update Pro Tools LE). I have checked the other discs and I can't find the Guide. So does anyone know where I can Find this guide?

Second, I registered the ToolKit and Plug-Ins which were then sent to my ilok account, I transferred the licenses to my ilok and the DINR LE Plug-In shows up as BNR LE on my ilok and ilok account. What's the deal with that???

Third, I running the latest version of Pro Tools (7.1 cs7), so I assume I do not need to run the Update Pro Tools LE Installer from Disc 1. Am I right about that one?

Fourth, I assume the installer will place the MP3 option in Pro Tools but I looked in my Digidesign Pro Tools folder and already found a folder called Codecs with another folder labeled MP3 and in that folder is a file called MP3Demo.bundle. So what is the deal with that? I never installed the MP3 option so I'm confused and don't want to have any problems when I run the ToolKIt installer. So, I'm not sure if this file is supposed to be there from a basic installation of Pro Tools.

I haven't installed anything from the ToolKit yet. I wanted to get some opinions from you guys first.
Sorry for such a long post but I'm finding more and more these days that when it comes to simple installation and instructions we are on our own!!

I did a fresh install of the 7.0 Upgrade Plus package and then went to the update site and updated the Pro Tools version to 7.1cs7. I'm running the software on a PowerMac g5 DualCore 2.3 (not Intel), 2.5 Gigs of Ram, running Tiger 10.4.6 and using it with a DIGI 002 Console,

Thanks everone!!!

Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Music Production ToolKit 1.0 Questions

1) Music Production Toolkit Guide

2) BNR is the LE version of DINR, what you have is correct but you're right that it is a little confusing.

3) Correct, you don't need to run the LE updater.

4) You should uninstall the MP3 demo first, I believe there's instructions on how to do this at the bottom of the "General Troubleshooting" thread, or in the Answerbase - it's not too tough, it may just be deleting that .bundle file you found but I don't remember for sure. When you run the Toolkit installer it should be clear what's getting installed, can't remember for certain if it has the checkboxes like the regular LE installers or if it's all automatic, but either way I remember it being very self-explanatory.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:15 PM

Thanks so Much!

No the Installer does not have any check boxes, just Install or Uninstall. I do not know why the MP3 thing got installed I made sure when I did the 1st Installation of Pro Tools 7.0 and the 7.1 update that this option was not selected and the default installation does not select it either. You have to actually check that box for the MP3 option when going thru the Install process.

Thanks again!
Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 12:24 PM

By the way guys, what the hell is the MP3Demo.bundle anyway???

Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Anyone???

Thanks
Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator

"MP3Demo.bundle" is the MP3 Demo file installed in Pro Tools 7 here:
/Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Codecs/MP3/

It may have been installed by an earlier Pro Tools installation.

Delete that file, and follow the installation instructions here:
www.digidesign.com/download/mp3

When you have installed the paid version of MP3 Option, the new file installed in that same location will be named "MP3.bundle". (you cannot have both the demo and the paid version in that folder)

You received the MP3 Option authorization code with the Music Production Toolkit, but for anyone that purchases it separately from the DigiStore...

The MP3 Option download from the DigiStore is just a compressed folder with a weblink to the same page with the installation instructions. It's a bit convoluted to have to download a link, but the purchase process requires that a download file be associated with the purchase in order to generate your authorization code on your receipt.

But it tells you on the DigiStore on the "more info" page for MP3 Option that you do not need to download anything if you are on Pro Tools 6.0 or higher:
http://secure.digidesign.com/index.c...&productid=585
Old 05-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Thanks for your reply! So just to clarify, I'm deleting the "MP3Demo.bundle" file not the Codecs or MP3 Folders themselves. Just the "MP3Demo.bundle" file.

Thanks

Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Correct, just delete that demo file.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:55 PM

Excellent!!!

Thanks again

Michael
Old 05-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Well, I was getting the chops up to do the Install on The Music Production ToolKit and then I read that there is an Interim CS7 ToolKit update!!! Man I'm totally confused. I do not what to do first. I'm the only user on the computer that I'm doing the install on. Maybe it's me but it's a little difficult to understand some of the instructions in the update sections. Nothing like shelling out all that cash and then getting psyched up only to wonder what the deal is with the people that put these installers together. If I didn't open the packaging I would return this piece of crap right know! Damn it Jim!, I'm a Musician not a computer Genius!!!

Anyway, thanks for the help people.

Michael