Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-03-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Can\'t bounce to disk in MP3 - FF_AudioProperty.Cpp

Can no longer bounce to disk in MP3 format!? Get FF_AudioProperty.cpp error on line 33 each time it finshed and goes to create the file. When I click convert during playback, it simply wont even create a file that way either.

Am using very latest version of PTLE on Mac Powermac 2.7 dual, 4gig ram and various firewire harddrives. It's causing me a real headache as am unable to bounce any files now!!!!

Any ideas anyone?

Stu
Old 07-08-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Can\'t bounce to disk in MP3 - FF_AudioProperty.Cpp

I just came in to the same situation, trying an aiff or mp3. 16 or 24 bit. I have no clue what will help.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Can\'t bounce to disk in MP3 - FF_AudioProperty

The Mp3 option is strange. I've read that people have fixed it by

1. Deleating the mp3.bundle from the Pro Tools folder in Applications
2. Deleating the Digidesign Databases folder in the root level of all hard drives connected
3. Deleate your "volumes" folder >Mac HD>Library>Application Support>Databases>Volumes
4. Deleate your PT Prefs - MAC HD>Users>The house/logged in user>Library>Preferences>com.digidesign.protools.p list
5. Empty the trash, restart
6. Put in the disk for the exact version of Pro tools installed and put a check mark next to the mp3 update option and only install that.

Should work like normal now. If not, I'd reinstall Pro Tools...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:39 PM

Before you start deleting stuff try this; Under setups>>playback engine>>change DAE Playback Buffer to Level 2 (default)...
Cheers, mig
Old 07-08-2006, 03:56 PM

Ya, that would be a quick fix if that works. Definately try bouncing to a different hard drive if that changes anything. But those files are created each time Pro Tools is launched, so deleating them won't harm anything. Just the mp3 bundle is the only one that needs to be reinstalled.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:03 PM

Thanx for the tips...I've tried bouncing to another drive, tried selecting different options in the playback and H/W setting menus. I deleted the MP3 folder out of codecs. It was going to expire in two days, and itunes handles bounced PT mixes well enough. I'm hesitant to delete anything else or reinstall PT...Only as a last effort. I'm kinda hoping to hear back from Digi soon. I have other options to get the mixdown, as far as hardware, but we need these bugs worked out.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 PM

What up guys, I'm having a similar problem with bouncing to disk as a wav file. I have a Macbook pro with a Tiger OSX version 10.4.7 with a 2GHz Intel Core Duo processor and 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM. On it, I am running a Pro-tools LE 7.1.1 with an MBox2. I recently made a field recording and recorded about 4 hours worth of audio on to one track. I split the recording into each individual song and tried to bounce them as seperate wav files. Most of the songs were able to Bounce to Disk, but a few (3) have failed. The Bounce plays through the entire song, but reaches the same problem that stu2469 is having. It won't create the file and a message pops up saying:

Could not complete the Bounce To Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vbpc/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioProperty.ccp",line33.

Any suggestions and comments will help.