Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM

Red face Build Me A Pro Audio Setup

Hello Friends
I am planning to open up my own professional digital audio studio
please guide me what all equipment is good for a start, i can invest good amount of money but not huge. I need a HD System also
i need a digital wordclock and a Digital Mixer...
Please advice...i am damn confused.
-----------------
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Build Me A Pro Audio Setup

Can you tell us what your budget is? Also - are you going to be keeping the gear you have already or you are building a totally new studio?
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM

Your confusion stems from a lack of knowledge and no amount of equipment is going to make up for that in a professional studio environment. If you don't know what you need then it is fairly obvious that you first need to educate yourself about what it is you want to do and then you will know what equipment you need to do it.
Until you narrow down what it is you want to do then it's almost impossible to decide on the gear. For instance you say you need an HD system, a digital word clock and a digital mixer. Why do you NEED those? What purpose will the digital mixer serve?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:19 PM

A "Pro" Studio has nothing to do with equipment. It is a workspace (STUDIO) where a PROFESSIONAL works.

You can't buy that. You have learn to BE THAT over the course of many years.

Think 'career' instead of 'gear'.

Good luck.

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA
Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM

you won't get far asking questions like these without qualifying your needs to an exhausting degree. my suggestion is that you call a respectable reseller of pro audio/studio equipment in your area and talk with someone - but be prepared to answer a lot of questions. if you know how much you'd like to spend on equipment alone, that would be a good start.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM

I started with a Revox reel to reel recorder and mic. I dragged that all over town for years recording for free When I needed do to something ...but lacked equipment ...that's when I could see what to buy next ... and so on..

Now when I buy something I have to ask ...hmmmm is there room enough to put it somewhere ?