Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Increase Hardware Buffer Size? issues! PLEASE HELP!

Hi,
uups, turnng off Airport seems to be the reason . Now everything works fine.
The eror codde was -6101

Thanks for help

Jens
Old 04-14-2008, 01:23 AM

I am a new PT user and this is also my frst post on this forum.
I am also having this problem. I have a macbook pro 2.4 2gb ram, after all the troubles with Leopard i bootcamped and put XP on, now using XP i am having the same troubles which is this buffer issue. Only using 5 tracks, all drum hits loaded in and i get this problem, Changing the buffersize doesnt work for me either, changing the proccessors doesnt work either, closing down everything but explorer doesnt work, no external doesnt work, daisy chained firewire doesnt work, really.. im starting to think nothing works.
(9012) thats the error
I dont know how to tun of airport and bluetooth in XP, even when i did it in leopard it didnt do anything.
I would love to be able to start making music again.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Hi, having the same problem too... I did Bootcamp for Windows XP and it gets me the "Buffersize Error"

" The operating system held off for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the H/W Buffer Size in the playback engine panel (-6086)"

I am working on a Mac Pro 2x2.66Ghz 3Gb Ram. Mac OSX 10.4.9 and Bootcamp.

Somebody any idea???
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM

sorry, my bad. (error 9092), i always get my numbers mixed up.
btw i am using 7.3.1
After taking Airport and wireless out it is doing it far less, but i dont know if there is anything else i can take off.
2gb, 2.4 ghz macbook pro, is that not plenty to be running PT?
Cos it seems i have had nothing but bad when it comes to using PT, i would love to use, becuase i hear good things, but im at the end of my cliff here.

I would love for someone to help, im only using 2 tracks with 10 sec loops in them, a kick track, snare track, hat track, and it is doing it. I cant even imagine full 4 min track with 12 vocal tracks.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Avid

Pro Tools is not supported under Bootcamp and may have issues we're unaware of.

With that said - you should make sure you've tried all the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread while under Bootcamp, including installing the Microsoft Dual Core Hotfix, disabling unused hardware, wireless, bluetooth, etc.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:39 PM

What is going on!!!

I've been using PT LE, with an Mbox 2 pro since last September and I've had no problems- I watched a few DVD's figured out how to set up my MacBook pro with the correct settings for recording and for mixing and everything has been money in the bank... so to speak. I use Reason 3.0.5 alot for synths & Redrum, and it usually works like a charm. Also, I always leave my airport and bluetooth connections on when I'm working and I rarely get H/W buffer size errors.

However, last weekend I finally got around to updating my OS X version from 10.4.1 to 10.4.11 and now I can barely listen to 3 seconds of my tracks before i get the same error mesage that Jen's was getting (-6101). When I first updated my OS my airport wasn't working properly, so I repaired my permissions and I can finnally connect to my wireless router properly. I figured the problems may have been linked and the system repair should have fixed both problems, but I'm still getting the H/W buffer error (-6101) when I use Pro Tools, regardless of the playback setting options.

Also when I run MIDI tracks through Reason 3.0.5 (without rewiring through pro-tools) the sounds clip in and out (the mac is obviously struggling). I figure that all of these problems we're having have to do with OSX update but I dont' understand exactly whats going on. Any ideas guys?
--------------
System Specs:

Macbook pro
2.4ghz
2 GHZ RAM

1TB external HD with USB 2.0
ProTools 7.1.3
Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I have increased to maximum settings and still get a error everytime I hit spacebar. I have a brand new mac book pro with 2 GB of ram. my settings are:

H/W buffer size 2048 samples
RTAS 2 processors
CPU Usage limit 90%
DAE Buffer: 1500ms (default)

I had the same problem but I was working with a Compaq Laptop. I solve the problem buying a Mac book pro (tiger sistem), maybe Leopard is making the problem.

Remember a general rule... When u record use the minimun buffer size as you can... and when you are using plugs the maximun buffe size.

Regards