Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2022, 06:10 PM

Default Re: headphones and computer speakers

so all in all
i need audio interface for this problem to stop occuring. if i turn off windows sound this might fix the problem?
Old 11-10-2022, 09:41 PM

i have asio4all. i still use with computer speakers. so why wouldnt sound come out of headphones?
Old 11-10-2022, 11:35 PM

ASIO4ALL is considered a bad solution, but the first message, that's what I think too regarding turning off Windows Sound. At least, it will work better than when Windows is trying to use the driver too. Interface dedicated to the job is the best solution.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-11-2022, 10:24 AM

Lots of small inexpensive audio interfaces that are quite decent available today, like Audient's Evo 4 and 8 and MOTU's M2 and M4 and others from Steinberg, Presonus' Revelator and more. Depends on your budget and how much I/O you need and whether you want some kind of built-in Loopback or software mixer or not.

If you don't need a lot of I/O, but do want great drivers, clean pres, pristine converters, a superb software mixer, and wonderful, long-term support - and money isn't tight - look at RME's Babyface Pro FS.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-11-2022, 07:44 PM

if i buy audio interface if i must take with it on the road with computer? theres no other way ? i will need to buy audio interface. so we will see, i thought pro tools can run of headphones only without audio interface ....

Last edited by DigitalDragon; 11-11-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
if i buy audio interface if i must take with it on the road with computer? theres no other way ? i will need to buy audio interface. so we will see, i thought pro tools can run of headphones only without audio interface ....
It can but not well and with many problems. Honestly, Pro Tools might not be for you. There are other options, including more open source ones like Reaper, that might do everything you need.

What do you need Pro Tools for and why do you want it?
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-12-2022, 08:56 PM

its a good software thats why. i will wait and see with audio interface.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:58 PM

i still havent got a answer to solve it only buy audio interface. appreciate thank you all
Old 11-13-2022, 12:48 AM

Quote:
i still havent got a answer to solve it only buy audio interface. appreciate thank you all
It's a bit like asking why one cannot watch netflix on a TV from 1990 very easily.

Windows machine audio device is NOT complex. It's low resolution. Bad timing. Bad drivers by bad developers. Just supposed to play an MP3 once in a while. Game audio.

For full resolution widescreen video, you need full resolution widescreen monitor and full resolution widescreen video recording. The solution of "use an interface" is the best way to avoid the very likely to exist problems with Pro Tools and windows audio.

Pro Tools is an industry standard tool. It's just practically not intended to run without dedicated and qualified gear.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Rent an interface and find out.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction