Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Default Mytek + The HW device is at a different sample rate from the open session

I'm trying to run PT 9.0.5, Mytek Stereo 96 ADC/DAC, running Toslink SPDIF to Digital Input/Output of Mac Pro 10.6.8. I keep getting "The HW device is at a different sample rate from the open session".
The sample rate is not different, it's 48. Pro Tools runs fine when I'm connected to my 002 Rack. The Mytek converters run fine when connnected to my Mac Pro for other applications (iTunes, Izotope RX). And I have no problem using my Mytek converters connected to my optical in/out on the 002.
Is there a way to run Pro Tools 9 without the Digi hardware? just using the Mytek converters?
Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Mytek + The HW device is at a different sample rate from the open session

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion, but have you tried a system reboot? I know I run into issues with my 002 communication with switching between ProTools and Ableton. Alternatively, have you tried creating a session using those converters from the beginning? Just a couple of hopefully helpful hints for you.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Mytek + The HW device is at a different sample rate from the open session

No stupid suggestions. sometimes it's the simplest things that get overlooked. Unfortunately I tried the reboot and new session but neither solved the problem. thanks for the reply.