Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-30-2022, 04:22 PM

Default Compatibility of Avid Profile and S6L show files and Venue software

Gearing up for some festival shows and will be on Digico and Avid consoles depending on the event. Doing some preliminary work in the offline editors and have all the Digico/ SD Convert stuff sorted. I'm a bit unsure about the compatibility of the Avid stuff. I've loaded a Profile show onto a S6L before and didn't have issues. I suspect I can't do the opposite. What's the best way to manage this? Do I need to build everything in Venue software version 4.5? Is it possible to load Venue 4.5 and 7 offline editors on the same computer?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2022, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Compatibility of Avid Profile and S6L show files and Venue software

It is possible to have both editors on the same computer. That is your safest bet. Make any changes that you want to have on your Profile FIRST, then upload that Show File into the S6L editor and make any necessary changes there. You'll be fine.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Compatibility of Avid Profile and S6L show files and Venue software

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
It is possible to have both editors on the same computer. That is your safest bet. Make any changes that you want to have on your Profile FIRST, then upload that Show File into the S6L editor and make any necessary changes there. You'll be fine.
Thanks!