Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Music Production Toolkit and Macbook Pro

Hi, I just got a brand-new Macbook pro, running Tiger, PT LE 7.1.1., tricked out with 2 gig RAM, etc. I bought it to run M-Powered Pro Tools, with a firewire 1814 interface. I also bought the Music Production Toolkit, which of course required the iLok.

Everything was installed for me by the dealer I got the stuff from, and it's been working like a dream. However, tonight I opened a session and I got a message informing me that "There are more tracks than voices available." Only 32 tracks will play at once. I was under the impression that the MPT ups my track count to 48?

I have a message in to the dealer for more info, but I have a feeling they may not remember what they did on the install. My MPT package is open. Is there any way to tell (like in software prefs or something) whether the MPT has been installed? Is the MPT supported by the new Macs? Pro Tools won't even open without the iLok inserted.

I'm new to Macs and how stuff gets installed on them, so I'm reticent to re-install MPT. My system is working just fine except for the 32 track limit, and I don't want to wreck what functionality I do have. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Music Production Toolkit and Macbook Pro

Iv got the same issue.. anybody have any ideas ? thx..:)
Old 07-22-2006, 11:06 AM

If you look at this blurb:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...LL&itemid=4898

...about the DV Toolkit 2, which comes with the same expansion to 48 tracks, you'll see it says:

Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz*

notice the asterix...

..and below it says:

* not compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered

However, on the MPT blurb page under System Compatibility:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...00&itemid=4865

...it says:

*Requires 96 kHz–capable Digidesign or M-Audio® hardware.

....which you have.

I don't see the logic in having it not work for one and yet, work for another. But your experience seems to suggest that this MPT feature doesn't work with M-Powered as well. If this is the case, it certainly reeks of deceptive advertising if it was, in fact, intentional.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:10 PM

your two links point to dif things..the dv toolkit is the top link which does not work withy M-audio. Your second link is for the music production kit which should.. Im still haveing the problem.. any ideas?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:40 AM

Hi there

I'm using the toolkit, and on my system, i have the 48 tracks. does this error only occur in this ONE song, or is this the first song you have the problem? for me this this sounds like the toolkit wasn't installed correctly, or wasn't activated on your ilok. go to ilok.com and check your activations on your ilok, and install again / register the toolkit. another way to ckeck this would be to check out the other parts of the toolit (hybrid intrument, smack! plugin, beatdetective multitrack, tl-space). let me know if you still have problems!

cheers,
jochen

please excuse my english, i'm a kraut!