Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-10-2020, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Setting up Cue Mixes with Persist Sends during LLM

For reference, these seem to be a few issues that on the surface look similar to what I am experiencing:

Low Latency Monitoring LLM - Finally working but crazy fix http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350782
Pro Tools 2018.1 low latency monitoring issues http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396670
Problems with LLM / Allow sends to persist during LLM http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406607
Low Latency Monitoring with HD Native http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=345114
Low Latency Monitoring different in PT 2018.10 and HD Native? http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401947
2018.7 LLM issue http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400587
Weird Doubling in Vocal Record Monitoring http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408405

There's many more threads, but I think these are the most related / applicable.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:04 PM

OK, I have updated to Mojave now, which also updated the BootROM of my Mac Pro.

However, the problem persists: Double sound in the Cue Mixes once the Persist Sends during LLM is enabled (which I need to send to an Aux reverb, that also feeds the Cue).

So, it seems this is really a problem in either the Pro Tools software or the HD Native card (I have tested 2 HD Native cards, and one HD Native Thunderbolt).

Old 04-10-2020, 08:41 PM

i wonder if this can ever be solved, as it takes years for the simplest thing to be implimented it seems. Why dont you get a used RADAR system for tracking and dump to PT for mixing? thats the only near term solution...
Old 04-11-2020, 07:10 AM

HDX would solve all your problems, but I get that you feel burned.

Every time people tell me native can do it all, I think of threads like this.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:03 PM

I'm not sure if I'm missing something in this discussion, but you'd think from reading this thread that LLM is non functioning for PT native. I use it every day and it always has worked as expected so far. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with it which is clearly not right, but I'm confused as to why the comments here are pointing to it being generally faulty?
Old 04-11-2020, 03:33 PM

zwolf, interesting it seems to be working for you. What exact system are you on?

Mind you there is a difference in LLM between Pro Tools 'native' and Pro Tools Ultimate on an HD Native system (sure is confusing). They don't work the same!

I'm on a PTU / HD Native system, and for sure, it is not working at all as described in the manual.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
HDX would solve all your problems, but I get that you feel burned.

Every time people tell me native can do it all, I think of threads like this.
Your thoughts to my thoughts. I ordered an HDX card last week to test out. Last resort. But I indeed hate it Avid has me backed into a corner like that.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
zwolf, interesting it seems to be working for you. What exact system are you on?

Mind you there is a difference in LLM between Pro Tools 'native' and Pro Tools Ultimate on an HD Native system (sure is confusing). They don't work the same!

I'm on a PTU / HD Native system, and for sure, it is not working at all as described in the manual.

Ah, sorry, that’s the part I was missing. Yeah, I’m just running native with UAD hardware. My computer is a Mac mini 2012 i7 on Mojave.

Frustrating to see that it’s not working on a HD system. I hope you get it running - when it works as advertised, it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Your thoughts to my thoughts. I ordered an HDX card last week to test out. Last resort. But I indeed hate it Avid has me backed into a corner like that.

What actually is the problem that's occurring? I didn't actually see it in the thread.

I've had LLM issues for a while now with my PCIe HD Native card. My issue is that when LLM in on, no audio passes down the chosen path. When I toggle it off, audio is back (but of course too latent to be useful).

If you're not using a machine room, I'd be keen to hear if the fans on he HDX card give you grief.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:59 PM

My problem is that I get double signals, sometimes the signal cuts out, sometimes I get a latent signal, etc. Seems to happen when I enable 'Persist Sends during LLM' to feed a Reverb aux off the track I'm (LLM) Input-Monitoring. It's also completely random. Sometimes it works for a brief period, and then stops again. Sometimes the signal cuts out altogether until I restart Pro Tools.