Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Default How to change a memory location. Can You?

So you've set all your memory locations for 12 songs and you go to one, but the producer says, Let's move that marker back just a little bit. Surely there's a way to do that. I've read my shortcut book and my PT reference guide and I can't find a way to nudge that marker back just a little. It seems all you can do is delete it, move your cursor to the new point and then hit the keypad enter key and type the whole name of the song in again, only now it won' be in proper numerical order but will go to the bottom of the list making it unhandy to find.

It looks like you can change the whole world of what the marker is and does but you can't just nudge it a little to the left. And besides that there are actually two markers up there in 10HD that don't really like to move together.

Can someone keep me from losing what little mind I have left and give me a workaround for just nudging the marker a bit without ending the world?

Thanks!
Audioeditor
Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Default Re: How to change a memory location. Can You?

you cant drag it?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM

Or zoom in and grab the marker and move it

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-02-2014, 03:00 PM

also if you're in grid more hold the cmd key (or switch to slip mode) or else it will only move to a grid value.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 PM

You can move it temporarily but I want it to be permanent. You move the pointer and that becomes the new point that stored location will go to. I actually did it once but I can't remember how and can't repeat it. Just dragging it only works of the moment. It's not a permanent change. I hope someone remembers how to do this.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 PM

I finally figued it out. I didn't have the "marker" heading turned on. You have to have that on before the marked location appears as one solid diamond. When you see that diamond, you can indeed grab it an move it anywhere and it will be a permanent change for that location. I wasn't viewing the "Marker" bar and so I didn't see the location markers. Thanks for your help. I'm good to go now!