Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2021, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Space AAX DSP not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySchlitz View Post
- A small footprint expansion unit that acts as a monitor controller with a headphone output and guitar input. Since you've added Carbon preamp control, I I no longer need to sit near the Carbon
Or how about a firmware update that also allowed it to be a Dante (or AES67) device, then you could just use a Focusrite X2P (or any number of other devices)? Just thinking out loud
Old 06-01-2021, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Proprietary AVB standard
I assume the downside here is that you can’t currently connect it to 3P AVB interfaces? Or, is it something else?.
Right, it's no different to a class compliant USB interface, you can use it as a CoreAudio device without installing any extra software (as long you're using a supported version of macOS), right?
Old 06-01-2021, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Now knowing about DSP mode safe, I think prioritizing other feature requests is a good call. Controlling Carbon preamps wins for sure.
If this is where we're voting, then yes, I would prefer controlling Carbon's preamps from within Pro Tools as well, along with control of the Line Level and instrument gain.

Quote:
Other features I'd also rather see than Space support:
- Being able to set the Mac system volume when routed through the Carbon.
- A small footprint expansion unit that acts as a monitor controller with a headphone output and guitar input. Since you've added Carbon preamp control, I I no longer need to sit near the Carbon
The monitor controller would be interesting.

Quote:
- Looks like the levels move when PT isn't launched but something is connected to an input (like a keyboard)....being able to monitor that would be sweet for when you just want to play but don't want to launch everything.
I can't say that I have experienced this. I'll pay a little closer attention to it though. I have 11R and a couple of keyboards routed to line ins.

Quote:
Bonus points for supporting ADAT inputs too. (I also want a pony).
I've got several...Ponies I mean...well horses

Quote:
Carbon has been a stellar interface! It's really well thought out, sounds awesome and I'm sure you guys have great plans for it....looking forward to seeing where it goes but it's great already IMO!
Agreed. I think the sound is outstanding and I like the integration of the "hybrid engine". I've said it before but, the fact that I can have as many as 4 discreet HP mixes is a big deal for my workflow. AND no secondary layer of monitoring/mixer SW to deal with is a big plus for me as well.

Once again, well done! I too am looking forward to what is in store for future updates and expansions.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Old 06-01-2021, 06:17 AM

Mic/line/DI control from Pro Tools would be tied with input expansion for me. I could mix live performances with an expanded input Carbon and quicker preamp access. If that second ethernet port could accept standard protocol AVB streams and route them to/from Pro Tools, I'd be set using all 16 I/O of my 16A at 96k!
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021