Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2001, 07:12 AM

Default First Mix Session: need Help?

I'm doing my first mix session and I'm a little nervous [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

1. What's up with normalizing? Do you run this on all your tracks that appear uneven in level (before using compressors).

2. Do you mix your drums first and then sub them to two channels or maybe one stereo channel? I know it's a matter of preference, but I'm just looking for pointers and CPU savers.

3. How do you set up your Reverbs? Do you have one on the Master and then set up others as needed on Aux channels and route them accordingly, like to vocals and snare and guitar (whatever)?

4. What do you have for plugins on the Master; compressor?, L1+, another Reverb? C4 if you've got it?

Any other pointers are appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve