Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Exclamation Problem exporting OMF with enforce avid compatibility

Hi All,

I haven't come across this error message before so I am hoping someone can help. When exporting omf's with the "enforce avid compatibility" checked onto my c drive, I am getting the message below.

Could not complete the export selected tracks command because Assertion in "d:\code\heavenly_joplin\alturaports\newfilelibs\f f\om line 736.

I can export if I don't check "enforce avid compatibility", but then the client is unable to import the omfi and it is hit and miss whether I can open the omfi up in protools. This in itself is odd as in my experience you should still be able to import OMF's into Avids (for the most part) regardless of whether the avid compatibility has been checked.

This situation certainly ain't heavenly however you look at it!
It is happening on different projects and on different protools in the same facility. I have exported omfis before without any problems from different facilities and had no problems - any help greatly appreciated.