Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Default Error with loading pro tools

Every time I try to start my pro tools 7.4cs10, it starts up and while its booting (set up midi), it stops and says microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I have tried repairing, by doing a partial reinstall, followed by doing a 7.4cs10 update. However it continues to stall right when it is trying to load midi.

Please someone help. Thanks in advance.

Pete
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Error with loading pro tools

Im having the same problem... I have PT LE 8.0.5. It was working fine until I had a complete system crash a couple of months ago... I had to reinstall everything on my PC....Luckily I had my audio on a separate drive. I reinstalled PT to the C drive and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. I took a couple of weeks off from working in PT and then the other day I tried to open it and it gets to the "setting up midi" and then crashes.

I have uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled IE7, didnt help.

I did install Norton since I recovered from the total crash, but I was able to open PT a couple of times since I had that prior to the problem rearing its ugly head. Any help is appreciated.