Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-27-1999, 03:02 PM

Default Open Files

when Closing a project, I am stopped by "Attempt to delete media file which is in use." Though all the bins and windows are closed. I can't quit the program uless I force Quit the Application and reboot the computer. WHAT'S OPEN?????? the console is vague, gives no info on open file.
Old 05-03-1999, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Open Files

Still Witing on an answer. DUC is now on par with Telephone support. (LOUSY)

It's tough when you have to force quit AudioVision EVERY time.
Old 05-04-1999, 10:59 AM
Avid

Fajita,

I have some questions for you regarding this problem: Have you tried trashing the Media Database files in your Media Files folders? Also, have you tried trashing the Settings folder in the AV folder? Are you using AV 4.1v8? If not, what version are you using? Does this happen with every project? Does it happen on newly created projects? Is this a problem that has always happenned or has it just recently started? Was the material in your project recorded in AV or was it imported from somewhere else?
If you continue to have problems, the fastest way to get an answer is to call in to our Technical Support Department.

MC
Old 05-04-1999, 03:31 PM

version 4.1v8
If it happens to one, it happens to all.
All the files come from MC7.x via OMFI
yes, trashed the Media Databases. Yes trashed the settings as well. also killed DigiSetup, just in case that was the problem. Some of the material was already on my system (sound FX and Music beds) other stuff (sound from tape) was not. It is a recent problem. System is 9600/300 128mb RAM Avid MediaDock system running Dual Bus one for Video (connected to ATTO card, other to DiskI/O card) I'm not in the office when you guys are. Nightshift, on the east coast. Thanks for whatever help ypu can give me.
Old 05-07-1999, 10:32 AM
Avid

Fajita,

Have you also tried re-intalling AV 4.1v8 or replacing the Supporting Files folder (where the Avid MediaFiles Folder lives)?
Old 05-10-1999, 11:31 PM

Hey Fajita,

That's a great way to make friends with someone you want something from...

If you haven't already tried the things suggested, you should also verify that there are no other copies of older versions of AudioVision on your system.

There was a problem with a an older version of AudioVision where, in some isolated instances, it could either post this error message and/or delete one of the media files that AV uses from it's supporting files folder (such as the "Media Offline" media that is displayed when your sequence is trying to playback a video clip that is offline).

Your best bet is to go through your entire system and

- trash ALL copies of AudioVision.

- Use the AudioVision 4.1 installer to install AudioVision (using the installer installs and/or updates all of the utilities and updaters that come with AV)

- upgrade to 4.1v8, available here on the Digi website.

- You will now have two versions of AV on your system, 4.1 and 4.1v8.

- Trash 4.1 and it's supporting files folder, settings folder, etc.

See if that doesn't make a difference, if not give Tech Supt a call

Or

Don't quit AV.

Thanks,

Jon Connolly

Old 05-12-1999, 12:16 AM

Problem solved... Reinstalled System and AudioVision/ProTools, then made all neccessary upgrades, trashed old versions and all seems well. Thanks to All that submitted replies.

Now can anyone tell me when we'll be able to use AudioSuite plugs??