Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-13-2020, 11:00 AM

Default "No Audio selected" major AudioSuite bug

So I was just editing away minding my own business, suddenly I had this error:

I received it after trying to reverse reverb a clip on my track via an AudioSuite plugin.

I checked all my settings and they look correct:

I then tried restarting pro tools.. nothing changed. I tried ditching my preferences and restarting the machine, but still nothing.

When I attempt to click the reverse button it immediately reverse the clip and then breaks before processing the clip and reversing it back. It also breaks the undo command, I tried CMD+Z to undo the reverse but it skipped back two steps instead.

I am on a work machine, MacBook Pro 15" 2019, 2.6GHz 6-Core i7 with 32GB ram. The OS is Catalina 10.15.6 and we're running Pro Tools 2020.3.0.

The business support for my employer have basically said they can't offer much support other than me sending them the MacBook back, them wiping it and starting again, so I'm holding out for community support instead.
Mac: Mavericks, rMBP 15" Late 2013, i7 2.6GHz, 16GB DDR3 mem. PC: W7 Ultimate 64 bit, Intel Core i7-2700K 4.80GHz Processor Count: 8, ASUSTeK P8H77-V, 16GB Vengeance DDR3 mem, x2 XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB DDR5, x1 Samsung SSD 830 Pro 256GB - x3 Samsung 7,200 1TB HDD's - T.C. Electronic Triple C, Presonus Studio Channel, Behringer T1953 mod, Neumann TLM 103 MT, Beyerdynamic MC840, Tascam M-164UF, Digi 002 C Surface, Asus Essence ST - PT 10, Waves 9, Serato Pitch 'n Time, Speakerphone, FR D2 & D3
Old 08-14-2020, 09:28 AM

Default Re: "No Audio selected" major AudioSuite bug

You show “MIDI” Clip.
Are you selecting audio?

No issue like described here.
Same plugin test.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:40 AM

sorry to resurrect this. just happened to me too. did you ever resolve it? all of a sudden, reverse clip seems to be buggy.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:34 PM

You cannot audio suite edit a Midi clip. .
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 08-22-2021, 06:46 PM

Thanks for that. I do understand you cannot
AS edit a midi region.

I also know that editing an audio region can get buggy when using some commands/features. And it only seems to be an issue on some sessions. When you’re using the reverse reverb button, (on any verb plugin),
It used to perform flawlessly. Not the case sometimes.
You can select a guitar note (AUDIO) and hit Reverse, it blinks out, might reverse the note, But it never applies the verb. And then it unselects itself and says “No Audio selected.”

I assume it was a checkbox or pref that gets corrupt every now and then. I’m still using PT 2019 something so I realiZe they may have nipped this by now. WS just looking to see if someone had an easy click fix… outside of the MIDI not
Included realm.

I thought the pic listed in the original thread was a mistaken screen shot. I am speaking of audio, not midi.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:50 PM

Audiosuite processing is working just fine here. (Revers included, as I use it often).
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-01-2021, 01:44 AM

same thing here, if i select only a portion of an audio files i get the error.

by creating another clip (CMD E) i'm able to perform the audiosuite

happened suddenly on my workhorse machine after using same PT & OS for years. OS 10.12.6 sierra & PT 2019.12.0

but it happened also on another system and PT version in a studio i frequently record. (at least catalina & latest PT Ultimate)

must be my bad vibes...