Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2022, 07:29 PM

Default Pro Tools freezes at digirwire-holding shift when launching doesn't work

Pro Tools freezes on launch at Digi rewire /loading plug ins. Holding shift doesn't solve the problem.
Computer: Macbook Pro OS12.3.1. M1 chip 32 gb Pro Tools 2022.5, Pro Tools 2021.7
I upgraded to Pro Tools 2022.5 but found that I was getting graphic issues. Large black block temporarily covering waveforms. I uninstalled and re-installed 2022.5
Pro Tools would then freeze at Avox. I looked up removing Antares and kept trying. After no success I went back to Pro Tools 2021.7 and now it gets stuck at the digi rewire. I tried deleting Reason prefs and files but still can't get pro tools to launch.
I have tried holding down shift to launch without plug ins but that doesn't work.
Update. I have deleted all the rewire items and re-installed 2022.5 but still getting hung up on Auto Tune. I have followed instructions on Antares site but still can't get pro tools to launch. Again holding down shift does not bypass plug ins

Last edited by Nick Namnone; 06-08-2022 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools freezes at digirwire-holding shift when launching doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Namnone View Post
Holding shift doesn't solve the problem.
First try deleting prefs and relaunch.

Have you tried moving all your plugin to the unused folder and relaunching Protools? If that doesn't work, then you might need to do a clean install of the OS and Protools. If it does work, then start moving your plugin back in one by one or in small batches and relaunching until you find the culprit plugin(s).

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 06-08-2022, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools freezes at digirwire-holding shift when launching doesn't work

Seriously stop just reinstalling stuff! You are wasting time. You need to work through a sensible approach to troubleshooting, it's plugins here screaming at you--so you need to focus on them. Reinstalling Pro Tools does not touch third party plugins.

You should also always suspect plugins that loaded immediately prior to the one that appears to cause failures like this, but forget that now and just kick it in the guts to see if it will work at all. Do what Mr. Dragon is suggesting and move all plugin files out of the plugin folder, (and then trash prefs) and try to get basic clean Pro Tools running. It will automagically put back it's default plugins. Do not add any more plugins until you have Pro Tools working properly.

Reason Prefs? As always, absolutely always, start by trashing all of Pro Tools prefs, and make sure you are doing it properly, ideally just use Pete Gates PT Prefs utility.