Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Weird problem on playback

So I was working on a mix for about 10 minutes, then all the sudden when I try to put my cursor on the beginning of the hook Protools drags it back to the beginning. Now I know what you guys are going to say, change the settings, but no it's not that. If I click 2 minutes into the track I can literally SEE the marker dance back to the beginning. I have no idea what's going on. I just got this DIGI003 control surface updating from the MBOX 2 and I've installed 7.3.1. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Weird problem on playback

I get that too. Especially when I open a dialog...it's as if the return key is constantly being pressed. I see the pointer blinking. I have to use the ESC button on the 003 console.

7.3.1cs3/10.4.9 combo update/Mac Pro 6GB and I saw it in earlier versions too. I had not installed the MIDI mode firmware yet when I saw this. I have now installed it and I'll see if it comes back.

The MIDI mode firmware has an earlier fader firmware than I had installed (a PT version installed a newer number, .125 or something) but it had a much more recent system firmware...
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 AM

This happens only if you are switching the fader banks upwards, lets say from 1-8 to 9-16 from the moment the curser leaves the first time the right end of the edit window, right? And when you activate "scrolling during playback" the edit windows flickers between your actual playback point and the start of the song. And from that moment your keyboard inputs get ignored as the curser blinks fast and stays at the start (left side). - If this is what you experience the it is the same bug I was referring to some weeks ago.

See my original post about it:
Strange behaviour

I had this bug from the very start I installed 7.3.1cs2 and it didn't disappear on cs3 although DTS stated that they were about to fix it. See my second post about it:

Second post

From my view it seems as if the left curser button is pressed constantly. As I described I did a workaround in creating 8 tracks more than I actually need, so I switch the fader banke twice upwards and immediately once downwards so I can see the tracs I want. Maybe this helps you out until they bring out hte next cs.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 AM

Aw man, seems like this problem has been present for a minute, and Digidesign hasn't responded to your post. I hope they fix this thing soon because this is REAALLLLY not cool. I have the exact same problem with the "can't use enter or click 'ok' so I have to just hit the escape button." Thanks for responding fellas, hopefully they get an update out to fix this soon.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 AM

Brian is correct. I just isolated the problem last night. For me, it's always "Bank" or "Nudge", then the right arrow key on the 003 Factory interface to advance the bank or faders after track 8. The cursor then begins to move to the left until it reaches the beginning of the song. The locate point goes immediately to "1|1|001" and it will not allow any other locate point. If you switch back to the first bank the problem stops. This basically only allows you to use faders for the first 8 tracks. Not good.

I sent an email to tech support last night to see if I can get some sort of response.

Digi?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:46 AM

Got a reply from Digi. They are aware of the problem and offer the following workaround until a future release fixes the issue.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=25487

I guess the wait is on!

Regards.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Same here too. Bought the 003 last week and discovered the problem soon. Glad to see, i'm not alone and digi is aware of it.
Hope the fix arrives soon.

All the best

Claude