Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2002, 12:23 AM

Default how do I split stereo output to multiple stereo output pairs?

Here is the situation. I would like to duplicate the stereo ouput coming out my pro tools rig to send to 3 headphone distribution amps - How can I do this cheaply - I'm thinking that no electronic parts are required just some clver wiring??? Can anyone help? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 12:56 AM

Default Re: how do I split stereo output to multiple stereo output pairs?

what interface are you using?

On the apogee trak 2 I can route the same digital signal to all 8 individual analog outs. I believe you can do this on the Ad8000s as well. I don't own an 888 so I can't help you there.

I bet you could send all of your tracks to a stereo bus. Bring it up on a stereo aux channel and use the sends on that channel to bus the signal to 3 additional aux channels each with a different output. So aux 1 would be outs 1-2, aux 2 would be outs 3-4, aux 2 would be out 5-6 etc. You could still have your master fader controling the main outs.

There may be an easier way to do this and I haven't done it myself but in theory it should work.

ej
Old 04-03-2002, 01:01 AM

What I actually meant was the single stereo physical stereo output be split via some kind of device so that I get 3 identical stereo output pairs. Kinda like those little devices you can buy at tandy/radio shack which selects from CD/tuner/tape to go into an amplifier but in reverse... hmmm
Old 04-03-2002, 01:53 AM

An Y-Kabel works perfectly. I am using 4 Y-Kabels (1 Channal into 5 Channals) for a band, and it worked with no problems.

Daniel
Old 04-04-2002, 12:57 AM

You could also use multiple outputs. Hold CTRL down when assigning them and you'll be able to have simultaneous outputs from your interface.

-Robert
Old 04-05-2002, 07:34 AM

A Y-cable will work.

My Furman headphone amps have both XLR and TRS inputs. I can connect from PT to one of these inputs and come out of the other to go to the next headphone amp. It's the same as using a Y-cable.