Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-05-2020, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Imported audio not moving into audio folder

Has this been solved because I have the problem very often when I import from old Sessions?
Old 06-13-2021, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Imported audio not moving into audio folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
3 things:
1-open preferences and find the option to "automatically Copy audio on Import"
2-cover your ASSets by cheating for when the above doesn't work(and I meant "when" and not "if"). Find the audio you wish to import and copy it into the session folder for the destination session and import from the new location(or even copy directly into the Audio Files folder before you import into the session).
3-once you have done as you have been doing, go to File>save session Copy, check the box to copy all audio and save(now you have 2 versions of the session, but at least the "Copy of" version will actually have all the audio in it
I must've screwed with pro tools preferences now everything I edit gets greyed out. pro tools is able to copy imported audio into the session's audio files folder but it won't duplicate those new regions. As a result nothing gets created now in my audio folder and the clips list gets full of all these greyed out audio files. You can only imagine, the task manager at the beginning of every session now looking for these greyed out regions with no audio files.

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)

Last edited by ReynaldoPena; 06-13-2021 at 10:41 PM.