Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2001, 05:53 PM

Default CNET Review of New CD Burning Programs

http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227898-8-8033044-1.html
Old 12-18-2001, 11:13 AM

Default Re: CNET Review of New CD Burning Programs

Thanks Mark... interesting info.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the link Mark. You and Roy will get a kick out of this one.
I went with a friend to a Pro Recording Studio last week to watch her session being recorded. I asked them if they ever used MusicMatch software for burning CDs and they told me that they used it every way possible a couple of years ago, but now they are using a powerful new program called Nero. So I watched the process of burning and it seemed really fast and efficient. So we get to Mars Music with the CD and give it to the sales person to check out some Reference Monitors and guess what? It was blank!
My friend just stood there with her mouth open and couldn't believe it. So she calls her vocal coach and tells her what happened, and she laughed and said "Oh that isn't the first time that has happened".
So I guess I'll stick with my cheap CD burning software (Easy CD Creator and Music Match) until I see something that is worth paying for. I have used Toast on the Mac though and it does blow away anything I've used on the PC. Just drag and drop and away it goes.
Allen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2001, 05:49 AM

Has anyone seen a burning program for windows that allows crossfades between songs? I checked the link to the reviews on cnet, but I didn't see what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2001, 01:03 PM

Sonic Foundry's CD Architect. They discontinued it, but you can probobly still get it somewhere. It used to install on top of Sound Forge, but with V5 of SF (having its own limited cd burning) it does not anymore. If you are using SF5, you would simply install CD Architect to another directory (it installs a sound forge xp version with itself).
Old 12-19-2001, 01:33 PM

Allen,

I'm sorry your friend's CD was blank, but it does feel good to have something that does the job well for free... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy
Old 12-19-2001, 05:54 PM

Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video 3 has CD Architect like capabilities and imports old CD Arch. files. Sounds cool although I have not checked it out myself. CD Architect is great. I keep an old 2X burner hooked up just so I can still use the software. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2001, 05:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by nny:
Has anyone seen a burning program for windows that allows crossfades between songs? I checked the link to the reviews on cnet, but I didn't see what I was looking for. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check out steinberg. i use their mastering software that has a cd program built in, but they offer a burning only program that looks pretty good-realtime crossfades, etc. http://www .steinberg.net/products/ct/pc/getitoncd/index.phtml?id=030205&sid=00956400