Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-20-2001, 09:41 AM

Default T.C. M One

Any one here use a T.C. M-one for effects with the digi 001? I'm thinking about getting one this friday and just wanted to hear some opinions on how it sounds...
Old 11-20-2001, 09:44 AM

Default Re: T.C. M One

We have one. We use it a lot. The reverbs in it are really nice.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 11-20-2001, 10:04 AM

I was able to score a M2000 for $675 from guitar center!!!See if they will give that unit to you for that price. It's a lot more professional. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2001, 11:20 AM

I use TC-M one a lot.
I create an aux bux, and use it as send/return. Sometimes I run as stereo, sometimes I use it as two mono channels. It enables you to use two different effects at the same time. Not only I use the effects, but also there were times that I used its parametric EQ and its compressor during tracking into PT LE. It sounds good, pretty versitle, and you can do all of these in digital domain without going into anagol i/o to keep good signal to noise.
My two cents.

Regards,

F Kara
Old 11-20-2001, 11:36 AM

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I use an aux bus? I've never used this feature before. I was indending on just recording a track, changing the output to (example) stereo track 7/8, running digi outputs 7&8 into the 2 inputs on the M-one, then leading the 2 outputs of the M-one into the Inputs of 7/8 on the digi. From there, just set up a new Stereo track to record the effected wav off 7&8. Is an aux bus more efficient? Thanks - Jon
Old 11-20-2001, 04:33 PM

First things first-

You can use it as a hardware insert by pluging it's inputs and outputs into coresponding inputs and outputs on the digi. (Inputs in digi out 3+4, outputs on digi ins 3+4) Then add it like a plugin in the mix window, instead of choosing a plugin, choose I/O 3+4.

Now, you can create a Stereo Aux Bus (just like creating a new tack, only choose aux input). For the input of the Aux bus choose a bus (lets say bus 3+4 for now). Now in your audio tracks you can put a send to bus 3+4 and have as many of your tracks as you want going to the M-One.

I don't know how the M-One works with MIDI, but with the Lexicon in the same price range (forgot the model #) you can create a new midi track and send the Lexicon patch changes and automate all of its parameters by penciling in midi notes and playing them back.. Great fun! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2001, 03:37 AM

I use the M-One and I find it great. The reverbs are of great quality for the price. It offers digital IO and MIDI for realtime parameter chages. It also allows various routing configs so you can use it as 2 mono fx boxes, parallel units, serial units or as a stereo fx unit. I use it on a aux send/return.
Old 11-21-2001, 05:39 AM

MJames: "Now, you can create a Stereo Aux Bus (just like creating a new tack, only choose aux input). For the input of the Aux bus choose a bus (lets say bus 3+4 for now). Now in your audio tracks you can put a send to bus 3+4 and have as many of your tracks as you want going to the M-One"

Does this mean that if I send 5 drums through bus 3+4 for some reverb, they'll all end up on the same track (the aux track that recieves off of 3&4?) Or will the audio stay on it's original track but just sound effected? I'm sorry I'm new to this... I'd prefer to keep everything on individual tracks if possible.
Old 11-21-2001, 08:42 AM

When using an effects send, all the tracks will stay where they are, they will just have the reverb on them. And the good thing about that is, you can take the effect off or change it whenever you want. When you put a send on an audio track, you can also adjust the amount of the effect you will give the audio..