Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-06-2021, 05:02 AM

Default Moving personal license from Studio iLok

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help.

I am a former co-owner of a commercial facility in NYC. Over the years we amassed quite a few iLoks and Avid and other software licenses on the 25 or so iLoks associated with our iLok ID. Unfortunately, that also includes several personal licenses of mine that have never been part of the studio's usage. I have done a lot of research on how to transfer licenses to a new personal account, but the one sticking point that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the transferring of my Pro Tools perpetual license from the Avid account associated with the studio. The "default iLok User ID" and the "unlink default User ID" sections are confusing at best. I don't think that I should need to do a "Transfer of Ownership" process, since the ownership is mine for this particular license.

Could I get some clarification from someone at Avid? I don't feel like I should have to submit an ASC to deal with this. It should be easy and straight forward.

Thanks,

Mike C
Old 05-06-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Moving personal license from Studio iLok

This may be stupid; but wouldn't the simplest thing be for you to, if you have access to the ilok account, just deactivate the licenses on the studio iloks, and activate them on your home ilok, using the same ilok account?
I'm probably missing something.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:19 PM

Default Moving personal license from Studio iLok

He says he wants to move his licenses from the studio iLok account to his personal account.

Unlinking and linking the iLok accounts in your Avid account is as simple as unlinking the studio account and then linking your personal account. The problem will be transferring the licenses. If they’re all freely transferable, I believe they can be moved between accounts for the capped $50 iLok fee to move them all at once. I don’t see why a transfer of ownership has to be done if you purchased Pro Tools and registered it in your personal Avid account while putting the license in the studio iLok account.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control