Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 AM

Default Re: 7.1cs3 & spinning ball of death whith crossfad

Quote:
I can only reproduce this problem when attempting to crossfade two WHOLE AUDIO FILES, ie. two regions which have not been edited, cropped etc...
I can reproduce the bug with cropped regions. I experienced the endless, spinning BBOD when copying a trimmed audio region from one track, then pasting it to a trimmed region on an ADJACENT track and attempting to crossfade. This happened even when bypassing the Fades Dialog by using control-apple-F, which generally works, within the SAME track. However, the "trimming" workaround has worked when crossfading two regions on the SAME track.

I've also observed that I've only encountered the BBOD in certain sessions delivered from one client who worked on firewire drives, then transferred to a backup drive that was sent to me. I then transferred the sessions to SCSI drives before mixing. This may be noteworthy because every so often I get a CD or DVD with data that seem to have been corrupted somewhere along the way when transferring or backing up to different media.

FYI I just experienced BBOD when attempting to Make Inactive an audio track. I tried both the keyboard shortcut and the menu, both unsuccessfully, and was unable to force quit, so I had to power-cycle the G5 to get back to business. I'm on PT 7.1cs3, OS 10.4.3, SCSI 128 Kit, 13-slot chassis, HD4 Accel, and no FW drives were connected during any of these experiences.

System info: PT Ultimate 2019.6 HDX, Mac Pro 5,1 Westmere, OS 10.13.3, UAD2 Octo PCIe, 2x Lynx Aurora16 w LTHD cards, 1x Lynx Aurora(n) 32 ch analog I/O DigiLink, 4x Dangerous Convert-8 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Convert-2 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Vonvert AD+, Apogee Big Ben, SSD boot drive, external FW800 audio drives
Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
is there any eta at all??? over the next few days? sometime this month? sometime this quarter? I'm trying to figure out whether or not to go back to 6.x until this gets solved. any timeframe you can supply would be helpful....

brian
hello digi

you have your money for the 7.0 now

all the hard drives are initialize and the plugins are authorized and our clients look at their watches everytime we crash doing a fade...which is often

i save before every fade now.

it is hard to work with a clear mind in fear and worry of the next crash......

PLEASE......take some of that money we gave you and get more staff who can fix what you have sold us quick.....this is costing us much money and embarassment.

i asked about this problem at NAMM and no one knew a thing

but waves didn't run 7.0 on their exhibit so i smelled a rat . . . .

we love you and are counting on you.....

i mean what else can we do

this IS The spot between the rock and the hard place.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Avid

We are working on this as quickly as possible, unfortunately I do not have a specific ETA, as we are still in testing.

In the meantime, the workaround is to use a fade command that does not bring up the fades dialog - either by using cmd+ctrl+f or putting it into commands focus and using the 'f' key to apply the fade.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
In the meantime, the workaround is to use a fade command that does not bring up the fades dialog - either by using cmd+ctrl+f or putting it into commands focus and using the 'f' key to apply the fade.
sorry but it doesn't work
Old 02-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Actually, we've been using the "f" key to create the fade for a few weeks now (I had started a similar thread a while back). If you need to change the fade shape, double-click on the fade and that will bring up the dialog box without the spinball. Perhaps we've been lucky here, but not a freeze ever since.
http://www.compressionrecords.com
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
double-click on the fade and that will bring up the dialog box
Amazing what you know and don't know at the same time . . . double clicking a fade . . . cool

And even though I haven't had the problem with fades like others (I can perform any fade without problem), by virtue of following this thread i've rediscovered the Fade dialog after years of heavily relying on the Smart tool.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:04 AM

NOW there is the new PT HD 7.1cs4 release!! Try it!!

MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) i7 2.3GHz macOS 10.15.7
Pro Tools 2021.12
Apogee Duet
Old 02-04-2006, 03:57 AM

Hi I just updated to 7.1cs4 and now get this message when trying to create fades

'one or more fade requests are invalid due to insufficiant data within fade bounds.
You may skip the invalid fade request(s), or adjust the bounds for those fades(where possible).'

could somebody translate this for me into plain english and any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated thanks
Old 02-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Hi I just updated to 7.1cs4 and now get this message when trying to create fades

'one or more fade requests are invalid due to insufficiant data within fade bounds.
You may skip the invalid fade request(s), or adjust the bounds for those fades(where possible).'

could somebody translate this for me into plain english and any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated thanks
One or more of the clips attached to the fade regions already created there are not long enough for PT to complete the fade/crossfade process. Remove the offending fade commands and recreate them so that enough part of the clips fall into fade region.

B.