Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-09-2014, 03:44 AM

Default EuControl 3.1 Macro Keystroke commands not working

Even though I've had my Artist Control and Artist Mix for several months, I'm just now starting to dig deeper into their functionality. Everything (except the infamous "Mix/Edit Windows follows bank selection", of course) seems to be working pretty well but I can't get any "Key" commands to work inside the macros for the Soft Keys on the Artist Control. The EUCON commands and the "Jump to Page" commands work just fine.

I then decided to look at the macro commands for a bunch of the Avid default pages and I noticed something. None of the defaults utilize any Key commands! Every one of them (that I looked at) utilize either a EUCON command or a Jump to Page command or both. Does this mean that Key commands don't work, or am I doing something wrong?

The reason I'm wanting to do this is that I saw where one guy posted a macro series that would supposedly scroll the screen a definable number of tracks at a time with a single soft key press. This would be a great work-around for the "Mix/Edit Windows follows bank selection" issue until it gets resolved. This requires a EUCON scroll to track command, but also requires a few additional keystrokes, which I can't get to work.

Can anyone else confirm that Key commands are working in their soft key macros?

Thanks,

JTW

Win7 x64
Pro Tools 10 and 11
EUCON/EuControl 3.1, firmware update installed

Last edited by jtwinpcola; 01-09-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Macro Keystroke is a little more clear than Key
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 AM

Default Re: EuControl 3.1 Key commands not working

Whoa! Nice call. Yes, there is. It is the "Avid Virtual Keyboard Device" listed under Human Interface Devices. In the status window it says:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Not sure what that means. Do you know?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:28 AM

Default Re: EuControl 3.1 Macro Keystroke commands not working

Okay, so I think its safe to say that its the problem with this "Avid Virtual Keyboard Device" that is the issue, since keystrokes are the problem. A Google search brought me to a Microsoft website that says the device driver is either corrupt or is unsigned. I can download again and uninstall/re-install and see if that works. If the problem is that it is unsigned, then I don't know what to do about that. Is that an Avid issue if that's the case?

Last edited by jtwinpcola; 01-09-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: more info